Windows 10: External hard disk encryption

Discus and support External hard disk encryption in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have an encrypted seagate external hard disk by bitlocker. couple of weeks ago my window 10 updated and it's showing error password is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Raisha_10, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Raisha_10 Win User

External hard disk encryption

Hello

I have an encrypted seagate external hard disk by bitlocker. couple of weeks ago my window 10 updated and it's showing error password is incorrect , even though I have not changed it. I have tried recovery key it says same for it.

Have tried installing and reinstalling updates. Now it shows error of invalid directory and still don't accept password or key. Even tried command prompt

What should I do to retrieve my data from it?

:)

Raisha_10, Dec 5, 2018

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 5, 2018
  3. external drive and encryption?

This question is two-fold.

First I would like an external enclosure that is rugged and shock resistant (static electricity and the like, being winter and all) for a 3.5inch SATA drive.
    Barring that, an external drive with the above. What would you guys recommend?

Also, I was wondering, is there a tool to encrypt the entire hard drive, but that does NOT ask to format said encrypted disk? I tried TrueCrypt, and last time I did, it asked me to format the drive because it was not recognized. I know there are alternatives, but I forgot their names. Price is of no concern if it is able to do so. any suggestions? Does Windows not show "drive must be formatted" on TrueCrypt drives anymore?

Best way would be if I plug in the drive, it asks for password automatically or something...

speedy11131, Dec 5, 2018
  4. External hard disk encryption

external hard disk recognition

external hard disk is listed in device manager but I cannot access the disk etc

IanMacArthur, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

External hard disk encryption

1. External hard disk encryption - Similar Threads - External hard disk

2. External hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard disk: Hello everyoneI'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while.I've recently bought a new external hard drive, an upgrade for my old one in terms of size and speed, the thing is by chance I've...
  3. external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted: Hello.Recently I tried to access data on an old USB stick and IO tried to use Disk Management for it.When I started Disk Management, it gave me an error message and asked to convert a disk to MBR if I remember correctly.I mistakenly assumed it was about the USB stick and I...
  4. external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted: Hello.Recently I tried to access data on an old USB stick and IO tried to use Disk Management for it.When I started Disk Management, it gave me an error message and asked to convert a disk to MBR if I remember correctly.I mistakenly assumed it was about the USB stick and I...
  5. external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. External hard disk issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard disk issues: Hello Aklesh Gond, Unfortunately I save the recovery key certificate on external hard drive only, which is encrypted now.Not sure how to decrypt this external hard drive and recover my data.RegardsAtith...
  7. Encrypted External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Encrypted External Hard Drive.: I have External WD Drive that I encrypted, some hove confused with use of BitLocker. I need the data on the drive but can not access it any more. Any help-solution please.Thank you.MD...
  8. External hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard disk not detected: Hi, not too sure if this is a windows problem but whenever I connect my external hard disk it gets detected but then I can't see it in the file explorer. The hard disk is new, the laptop's ports are all okay I connected a flash disk and I was able to see that. submitted by...
  9. Recording to external hard disk?

Recording to external hard disk?: I will do a 24 hour stream soon and I will get an external hard drive because I want to record the stream. Can I record the stream directly to an external hard drive from Streamlabs OBS? Aufnahme auf Externe Festplatte?
  10. external hard disk

external hard disk: external hard disk is not displaying n even not located also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disk/62353490-2070-486b-a356-a179ff281d28