Windows 10: External Hard Disk not showing up in File Explorer or Disk Management... PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Discus and support External Hard Disk not showing up in File Explorer or Disk Management... PLEASE HELP ME!!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a hard disk plugged into my windows 10 hp laptop and it's not being recognised in file explorer or other areas such as Disk Management,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NoahGirling, Apr 22, 2021.

1. External Hard Disk not showing up in File Explorer or Disk Management... PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Hi all, I have a hard disk plugged into my windows 10 hp laptop and it's not being recognised in file explorer or other areas such as Disk Management, Device Manager, ect... I tried some fixes from google and youtube but none of them worked, I know the hard drive works as I also own a mac and did plug it in to see if it still works and it does in fact still work. Please help me someone :

:)

NoahGirling, Apr 22, 2021
  2. seejp Win User

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Apr 22, 2021
  3. samuob Win User
    External Hard disk suddenly stopped showing in explorer

Hi everyone,

I have a 1TB WD My Passport Ultra external hard disk and it was reading and writing fine until i tried to use that hard disk as a virtual drive for fresh installing Windows 10 in my laptop. I have downloaded Media Creation Tool to create bootable installation media for my hard disk by downloading ISO file. After that I did not install that version and then when i checked my 1 TB hard disk was showing only few GB (if i remember less than 10 GB of space). When i checked in disk management total space split into 2 and i deleted one which is the less than 10 GB one i mentioned before . Now External HDD shows in Device Manager as proper device name and I'm even able to "safely remove USB drive" using the windows utility.

Now the situation is I can see the hard disk in disk management, safely remove USB drive and also in the WD utility software ( but it shows not writable). I cannot see in My Computer and neither read or write is disabled.

I tried couple of things myself by going to disk management.

I went to format and tried changing the file system to NTFS and also exFAT. but both time same result..... Please help me with that.

External Hard Disk not showing up in File Explorer or Disk Management... PLEASE HELP ME!!!! [​IMG]

External Hard Disk not showing up in File Explorer or Disk Management... PLEASE HELP ME!!!! [​IMG]

samuob, Apr 22, 2021
  4. External Hard Disk not showing up in File Explorer or Disk Management... PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

external hard disk recognition

external hard disk is listed in device manager but I cannot access the disk etc

IanMacArthur, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

External Hard Disk not showing up in File Explorer or Disk Management... PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

1. External Hard Disk not showing up in File Explorer or Disk Management... PLEASE HELP ME!!!! - Similar Threads - External Hard Disk

2. My external hard drive isnt showing in file explorer but is showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external hard drive isnt showing in file explorer but is showing in disk management: I'm not sure what to do as ive plugged it into multiple different usb ports https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-hard-drive-isnt-showing-in-file/d81bde63-e907-4d6a-9d90-ac03525678f5
  3. External hard drive is not showing in File Explorer and not even in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive is not showing in File Explorer and not even in Disk Management: [Windows 10 laptop, fully up to date]I bought a new Seagate Expansion 2 TB hard disk yesterday.I used it and copied 200 GB data on it. Which copied successfully. Then I copied some more data but during that I lifted my laptop to place it somewhere else but I forgot that my...
  4. External hard drive is not showing in File Explorer and not even in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive is not showing in File Explorer and not even in Disk Management: [Windows 10 laptop, fully up to date]I bought a new Seagate Expansion 2 TB hard disk yesterday.I used it and copied 200 GB data on it. Which copied successfully. Then I copied some more data but during that I lifted my laptop to place it somewhere else but I forgot that my...
  5. External hard drive is not showing in File Explorer and not even in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart: Hi, recently I wanted to format my fat32 external hard disk to NTFS. I copied the files and in between the copy was stopped and my laptop was hanged, when I unplugged the external hard disk the hang issue was sorted. When I again inserted my hard disk, it hung again, somehow,...
  7. External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart: Hi, recently I wanted to format my fat32 external hard disk to NTFS. I copied the files and in between the copy was stopped and my laptop was hanged, when I unplugged the external hard disk the hang issue was sorted. When I again inserted my hard disk, it hung again, somehow,...
  8. External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. External Drive not showing up in File Explorer/Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Drive not showing up in File Explorer/Disk Management: Hello, I have a Seagate external drive that isn't showing up on my PC. Windows makes a sound when I connect it, but it's not showing up in File Explorer and Disk Management. I've tried using a different cable one that works and connecting it to a different USB port, but it...
  10. External Hard disk not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard disk not showing up: I've 4tb seagate backup plus hard disk which has 2 partitions out of which one partition with 2tb is bitlocker protected. I've initiated removal of encryption of that 2 tb hard disk but it stuck at 46% and after that disk is ejected automatically. Now I'm not able to see...