Windows 10: External Hard Disks Have Disappeared

Discus and support External Hard Disks Have Disappeared in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My external hard disks connected via USB were working fine over a long period of time. And those drives continue to work as expected if connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KazMax, Jun 26, 2019.

1. KazMax Win User

External Hard Disks Have Disappeared

My external hard disks connected via USB were working fine over a long period of time. And those drives continue to work as expected if connected to another PC.

However a recxent update has caused all exteral drives to disappear from admin, and are no longer visable in Windows Explorer. If I select Disk Management from Computer Management the internal drives show as expected, but there are no entries for external drives.

Plugging an external drives into a USB port doesn't cause Windows to respond.

:)

KazMax, Jun 26, 2019

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 26, 2019
  3. external hard disk recognition

external hard disk is listed in device manager but I cannot access the disk etc

IanMacArthur, Jun 26, 2019
  4. michael Win User

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk

Hi Guys,

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk.

There are only two WD or Segate

What I want:-

1.USB 3.0
    2.LAN port
    3.Torrent client
    4.DLNA streaming

Please suggest if you have any experiences

Thanks.

michael, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. External Hard Disks Have Disappeared - Similar Threads - External Hard Disks

2. External Hard drive disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard drive disk: Shown as access denied. Location unavailable[IMG] Cannot open my Seagate external HARD drive disk of 1.5TB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-disk/d12073f2-eb0d-4add-bfb1-2f9e4cff21de
  3. External Hard Disk Not Detected by Microsoft Surface

External Hard Disk Not Detected by Microsoft Surface: Hi, when I connect my external hard disk to my windows surface it only detected as a USB device but not connected as a device. I can feel the external hard disk working but data connection indication doesn't blink anymore. Can any one help me on this?...
  4. Repair External Hard Disk Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair External Hard Disk Errors: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please help me in a problem. I have an external 500 Gb hard drive and it has bad things on it. Please be nice to tell me how you can solve it. Thank you! IM waiting for a message! A wonderful day!...
  5. External hard disk with errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External hard disk with errors: [ATTACH][ATTACH]Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, I have an external 500GB hard drive and I have errors on it. I checked it with hdd tune and crystal disk Info and it shows me errors. I'll get you a script and maybe tell me what I need to do to fix it. Wait for response! Thank you! A...
  6. External hard disk encryption

External hard disk encryption: Hello I have an encrypted seagate external hard disk by bitlocker. couple of weeks ago my window 10 updated and it's showing error password is incorrect , even though I have not changed it. I have tried recovery key it says same for it. Have tried installing and...
  7. External Hard Disk Problem

External Hard Disk Problem: Whenever i insert my hard disk, my laptop can't detect it. only "expansion" icon appears. the cable is fine. i tried troubleshoot, no problem detected. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] how to fix this?...
  8. external hard disk

external hard disk: external hard disk is not displaying n even not located also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disk/62353490-2070-486b-a356-a179ff281d28
  9. How to partition external hard disk?

How to partition external hard disk?: I hv window vista business edition OS. I purchased 500 GB seagate external hard drive as I wish to transfer my collection of songs and photos from my laptop to hard drive. How do I partition the hard drive in three parts. It comes with integrated software for backup and I...
  10. Problem while connecting external hard disk

Problem while connecting external hard disk: When i connect my hdd ,it sAYSpower DRAWING TOOMUCH and sometimes it doesn't support when i connect other usb no problem is there. Help 56792