Windows 10: External hard drive and Image creation

Discus and support External hard drive and Image creation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a 2 Terabyte external hard disk (1.82 Free-recently formated) and I am unable to create an Image of my hard disk. Error (0x80780119). My hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Martin Desmery, Mar 13, 2019.

1. External hard drive and Image creation

I have a 2 Terabyte external hard disk (1.82 Free-recently formated) and I am unable to create an Image of my hard disk. Error (0x80780119). My hard disk only has 383 Gb of data to backup. I was able to do it before without any problem.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 (1809).
    any suggestions?

:)

Martin Desmery, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Mar 13, 2019
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Mar 13, 2019
  4. External hard drive and Image creation

External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

External hard drive and Image creation

1. External hard drive and Image creation - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?: Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?So far I can NOT image the external hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-an-external-hard-drive-that-is-bitlocker/a25432e8-e230-481a-a67d-2d13c1260f17
  3. Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?: Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?So far I can NOT image the external hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-an-external-hard-drive-that-is-bitlocker/a25432e8-e230-481a-a67d-2d13c1260f17
  4. Can an External Hard Drive, that is BitLocker Encrypted, be Imaged ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't Create System Image on External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Create System Image on External Hard Drive: Recently my ssd had started failing so I replaced it with 2 new ones. I'm trying to transfer the os from the old ssd to the new one. I read online that I need to make a system repair disc and a system image. I was able to create the system repair disc with no issues however I...
  6. Cannot mount drive from system image on external hard drive

Cannot mount drive from system image on external hard drive: I have recently installed a new version of Windows which means I have lost my data. Before doing so, I created a system image so I could move important files back to my PC. However, if I try to do anyhting with this Hard Disk Image File then this popup appears: [ATTACH]...
  7. Restore System Image From External Hard Drive

Restore System Image From External Hard Drive: Ok, so here's the situation... I'll start out with the fact that I'm somewhat tech savvy. I'm 36, and have been working on computers since I was 6. I taught myself BASIC at 10. I'm no expert, but I'm not your average user. I normally search for my solutions on the internet,...
  8. External hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive: When I plug in my hard drive I get a message (F:\is not accessible.) Access is denied. Why, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/7469afee-e3f1-4499-9926-b55a995943bb
  9. external hard drives

external hard drives: Earlier this week windows did an update and since then it is failing to recognise some of my external hard drive, also windows keeps crashing and re-booting, everything was working fine until update...
  10. Recovering Images from Old External Hard Drive

Recovering Images from Old External Hard Drive: Just this evening I found the external hard drive used with our last PC. I have not connected it to our current PC in fear of making some dreadful mistake. My goal is to retrieve all jpg image files from that old drive. Note, I use File History to save files from our current...