Windows 10: External hard drive bad

Discus and support External hard drive bad in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good evening, Dear Sir, I have an external 500 Gb hard drive and I found that it has bad and bugs. What do I have to do to fix this problem? Thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdrianDragomir1, Dec 16, 2018.

1. External hard drive bad

Good evening,

Dear Sir, I have an external 500 Gb hard drive and I found that it has bad and bugs. What do I have to do to fix this problem?
    Thank you!
    Wait for response!
    A good day!

:)

AdrianDragomir1, Dec 16, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Dec 16, 2018
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Dec 16, 2018
  4. External hard drive bad

External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

External hard drive bad

1. External hard drive bad - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. Bad hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad hard drive?: I thought my hard drive may be going bad. I got a bootable copy of Windows to try to reinstall it using a usb device because of an endless boot loop with the error message that the computer encountered an unexpected shut down or problem. When I try to install windows again, I...
  3. Bad hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad hard drive?: I thought my hard drive may be going bad. I got a bootable copy of Windows to try to reinstall it using a usb device because of an endless boot loop with the error message that the computer encountered an unexpected shut down or problem. When I try to install windows again, I...
  4. Bad hard drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bad Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad Hard Drive: I have a dell desktop that is faulty and wonder if I should replace the hdd, I have a new one and usb loading stick.Is it all as easy as plugging both in and letting it reinstall.It has been hard to transfer files off the c drive due to an occurrance constantly of c drive at...
  6. Hard drive, bad sectors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive, bad sectors: I have a HDD that has bad sectors. I plan to buy SSD to replace it. But can I still use that HDD to install games? I only plan to put the operating system in the SSD, or do you have any tips that will help to fix those bad sectors aside form chkdsk /f /r /x C: also, here is...
  7. External Enclosure Bad drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Enclosure Bad drive: Well decided to check out from my old AMD FX system, the 2tb storage drive in the Mass Cool Enclosure, HDTune shows entirely red It went thru that error scan the fastest i ever seen it do one lol, not sure if false positive or what, but just in case, transferring the data...
  8. Bad hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bad hard drive: The hard drive in my computer died. I have four other computers with windows 10 and I guess each one has a different account. This account is the account for the bad computer I believe. How do I get windows ten back on the computer with the new hard drive without purchasing...
  9. External Hard Driver Bad Sectors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Driver Bad Sectors: Hi I have a 2T Silicon Power A85 Hard drive. after 2 years my hard is not running well. the hard runs very slowly and stops every time. sometimes copy the information in 120 MB/s and sometimes in just few Kb. Hard disk Sentinel App shows a lot of bad sectors and just 4%...
  10. bad hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bad hard drive: Wouldnt it just be my luck that discovered the re-certifed hard drive western digital sent me is partially bad from the start. This is what has seemed to have happened. I know this because I just got done doing a fresh clean install of 7 the other day and then right after...