Windows 10: external hard drive crash issue

Discus and support external hard drive crash issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my touro external hard drive crasheswhen i open touro to copy, paste, browse files the crash happens many times after a short timeit starts with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RopeyBarbecue72, May 8, 2022.

1. external hard drive crash issue

my touro external hard drive crasheswhen i open touro to copy, paste, browse files the crash happens many times after a short timeit starts with my computer not being responsivewhat happens is mouse cursor slowly stuttering across the screen for few secsthen my desktop, taskbar icons flash, crash load backup i can browse my touro for a while then this happens againmy other samsung external hard drive works finebut my touro has this issuebut this touro works fine on another machine like a family member chromebook when i testedthis touro messed up on my computer for some reasoni done some things

:)

RopeyBarbecue72, May 8, 2022
  2. twynog Win User

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, May 8, 2022
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, May 8, 2022
  4. external hard drive crash issue

Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 8, 2022
Thema:

external hard drive crash issue

1. external hard drive crash issue - Similar Threads - external hard drive

2. External hard drive issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive issues: So I changed my laptops storage from hdd to ssd then I decided to use the hdd has an external storage device I bought a case that uses a mini usb cable.the issues I have now is;1 the hard drives get corrupted every time 2 it doesn’t get detected in the file manager after...
  3. external hard drive crash issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive crash issue: my touro external hard drive crasheswhen i open touro to copy, paste, browse files the crash happens many times after a short timeit starts with my computer not being responsivewhat happens is mouse cursor slowly stuttering across the screen for few secsthen my desktop,...
  4. external hard drive crash issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard drive crash issue: my touro external hard drive crasheswhen i open touro to copy, paste, browse files the crash happens many times after a short timeit starts with my computer not being responsivewhat happens is mouse cursor slowly stuttering across the screen for few secsthen my desktop,...
  5. External hard drive issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive issue: I recently purchased a 2Tb Seagate external backup hard drive, and when I connected to my laptop I received a popup indicating that I would have to exit "S mode", and lose it forever. There was also something about the Seagate being an "unverified app". Why did this happen,...
  6. External Hard Drive Issues

External Hard Drive Issues: Hello, My external hard drive got quite warm. It's not showing up in my files so I can access them. However, I can find it in the driver screen and it says it's working fine. What steps can I take to rectify this issue? It has all of my business files on them....
  7. External Hard Drive Issues

External Hard Drive Issues: So a while back I had to have my laptop sent off to be fixed. My internal hard drive was not fixable so they recover my data onto an external hard drive. Since I have had it back, I cannot access the files. My laptop makes the sound to say it is connected but cannot be seen...
  8. External Hard Drive Issue

External Hard Drive Issue: Hello guys, I have this HDD hard drive which has been not working for the past years on any windows devices. The drive can be seen as a read only file on MAC devices and the format is NTFS. As i was originally using it as a backup driver, i wanted to keep 10% of the...
  9. Issue with external hard drive

Issue with external hard drive: I have 2 external hard drives, my PC went to sleep and when I turned it back on it tried to boot from one of my external hard drives, my PC would not boot until I disconnected that hard drive and when my PC was turned on and my hard drive reconnected, it would not appear...
  10. External Hard Drive Issue.

External Hard Drive Issue.: Hi, I have version 10130 which I installed as an ISO file via my dvd drive,this was after Windows update failed on several occassions to upgrade it from 10074. The problem that I have is that my Seagate 750gb External Hard Drive is not accessible to use for backups etc,the...