Windows 10: External Hard Drive Disappeared

Discus and support External Hard Drive Disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have three computers in my office. I have something called a DROBO on the network. Up until about two weeks ago all three computers could see DROBO.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CancerCrab101, Aug 2, 2020.

1. External Hard Drive Disappeared

I have three computers in my office. I have something called a DROBO on the network. Up until about two weeks ago all three computers could see DROBO. All of a sudden one can no longer see it.

Any suggestions?

:)

CancerCrab101, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi,

Just to verify, did you mean, your back up files used to be on your external hard drive, but now it's no longer there? If this is true, kindly provide more answers to the questions below, so we can further assess the issue:

• When did the files start to disappear?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Did you make nay changes on the settings of your PC or hard drive prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to plug in your external drive?
    • Does your external drive shows that the space is consumed?

Please advise. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Aug 2, 2020
  4. twynog Win User

External Hard Drive Disappeared

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

External Hard Drive Disappeared

1. External Hard Drive Disappeared - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  3. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  4. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External drive disappeared

External drive disappeared: I have an external hard disk connected to a USB port on my PC. This is used for backup.This has disappeared from my list of drives in File Explorer > This PC.A possible reason is that I ejected the wrong drive when I ejected a USB flash drive.How do I get my PC to "see" this...
  6. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: hi, my hard drive which I've used for about 5 months has just disappeared as soon as I've put intake fans onto my pc. I've tried trying a new SATA cable and nothing works. It doesn't even show up in my disk management. Could someone please help?...
  7. My external hard drive icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My external hard drive icon disappeared: I used to have an icon for my external hard drive, but I might have deleted the icon png and now it's gone. Is there anything I can do? Missing Icon Image submitted by /u/PhroyoYT [link] [comments]...
  8. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: Something is screwed up with my computer. My D drive is just gone, my computer continues to constantly crash, and it’s very slow. I have norton installed and whenever I do a scan it says there are no viruses. I have restarted it multiple times and nothing happened. And when...
  9. External hard drive

External hard drive: When I plug in my hard drive I get a message (F:\is not accessible.) Access is denied. Why, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/7469afee-e3f1-4499-9926-b55a995943bb
  10. external hard drives

external hard drives: Earlier this week windows did an update and since then it is failing to recognise some of my external hard drive, also windows keeps crashing and re-booting, everything was working fine until update...