Windows 10: External Hard Drive Error

Discus and support External Hard Drive Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My external hard drive is showing an error. G:\ is not accessible. The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. Does anyone know how to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by neilsinc, Feb 27, 2016.

1. neilsinc Win User

External Hard Drive Error

My external hard drive is showing an error.

G:\ is not accessible.

The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable.

Does anyone know how to fix it without formatting it? Have a lot of file on there that I'd like to recover if possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

:)

neilsinc, Feb 27, 2016

2. Laptop withtout enough space to download windows update. Using an external hard drive instead.

I have a laptop which needs an external hardrive on it in order to have enough space to update windows. The problem is that whenever I try to update it gives me this error 0x80010108 ... I already know that I'm getting the error because of not having
    enough space to download. I have it set up to go to my external hard drive. Everything is set up to go to the external hard drive. Sometimes it will let me download the updates and sometimes it does not and give me the 0x80010108 error instead. How can
    I make sure that ALL windows updates go straightb to the external hard drive without trying to download onto my main hard drive. My main hard drive only has 28gb. If I never bought an external hard drive then my PC would never be able to update windows.

JoebyAcevedo, Feb 27, 2016
  3. After Windows 10 update, computer keeps crashing when external Toshiba hard drive is attached

Yesterday, I had down loaded and installed Windows 10 update.

After that Windows kept crashing for over a dozen times. The error message said “System_thread_exception_not_loaded” At that time the external hard drive (Toshiba DTP110) was connected to USB drive. I then removed the USB external drive.

It then installed windows 10 update. As soon as I connected the external Toshiba hard drive, it started crashing and rebooting again with the same error message.

I then left the external hard drive in the USB slot and started the computer again. It gain started crashing with the same error message.

I am now working without the external backup Toshiba drive till you let me know diagnosis and resolve the problem.

Please help.

Barry Joshi

BarryJoshi, Feb 27, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

When that happened to me last year, I downloaded Linux Mint installed it to a USB stick, booted to it, and it could read my external hard drive, and I moved the files to another drive, THEN had to reformat the drive.

OldMike65, Feb 27, 2016
  5. neilsinc Win User
    I've downloaded Linux Mint but not sure how to now install it on a USB stick and then boot up my machine with it.

Never used anything but Windows

neilsinc, Feb 28, 2016
  6. neilsinc Win User
    Have tried it on a colleagues computer running Linux, but he isn't getting much joy. Any other advice?

neilsinc, Feb 28, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    So you can't install Linux on a USB stick?? and your buddy who runs Linux can't either??? Please explain more to me. I know of no other way to TRY and access your external drive, other than using a bootable usb with either Linux or Ubuntu installed on it. And even if you made either one, you still might not be able to access that external drive if it's fried. This was just a shot at trying, nothing more. Normally I would try running chkdsk on the external drive, but if you can't access the drive, then you can't run it to check or repair errors on that drive.

OldMike65, Feb 28, 2016
  8. neilsinc Win User

My colleague has linux and ubuntu already installed on his machine, but can't seem to get access to it. The drive seems to be running, just can't read it

neilsinc, Feb 28, 2016
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Then sorry, I have no more ideas, that hard drive just might be dead.....sorry.

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. External Hard Drive Error - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. External hard drive error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive error: I was transferring files to my external HDD LaCie Rugged Mini USB3, and my computer turned off because of an error during the transfer. After I turned it back on, the drive was identified as a Local Drive H:, and I can no longer access the files on it. Now, when the disk is...
  3. External hard drive error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive error: I was transferring files to my external HDD LaCie Rugged Mini USB3, and my computer turned off because of an error during the transfer. After I turned it back on, the drive was identified as a Local Drive H:, and I can no longer access the files on it. Now, when the disk is...
  4. external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    external hard drive: What external hard drive do you recommend for back-up on Dell Inspiron 3671. I do not want to save to the cloud. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/c23fb5c0-2b97-457d-81ca-3a824c7e6f1a
  5. External Protable Hard Drive Error.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Protable Hard Drive Error.: I have attached my external drive to my computer and it would have the sound that it has connected but it would say that there is an error. I would run a error check and repair on the drive but it would suddenly stop. The event viewer has this to say. [ATTACH]...
  6. External hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive: When I plug in my hard drive I get a message (F:\is not accessible.) Access is denied. Why, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/7469afee-e3f1-4499-9926-b55a995943bb
  7. external hard drive

external hard drive: Why is windows not recognizing my external hard drive, its fn 2019 this s should be plug and play your os is garbage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/8a51c6c8-175f-4d84-b6e7-84ab2697752f
  8. external hard drives

external hard drives: Earlier this week windows did an update and since then it is failing to recognise some of my external hard drive, also windows keeps crashing and re-booting, everything was working fine until update...
  9. Permissions error on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permissions error on external hard drive: my permissions are all messed up on my external hard drive and now I can not open my Quickbooks company file that is backed up to it..need some help here..thank you! ***Moved From: Windows 10/Security & privacy***...
  10. Permissions error on external hard drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permissions error on external hard drive: my permissions are all messed up on my external hard drive and now I can not open my Quickbooks company file that is backed up to it..need some help here..thank you!...