Windows 10: External hard drive . I need advice

Discus and support External hard drive . I need advice in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have been inspired by this forum to get serious about my backup and now have macrium backups on my internal hdd inside my computer. I had tried many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by vicf1, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

External hard drive . I need advice

You can copy the Reflect image files where you want and navigate to restore them from within Reflect. However, Reflect will lose track of the backups if you do this and moving the image files is error prone if you forget to keep the original and differential backups together.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

External hard drive . I need advice

1. External hard drive . I need advice - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. I need to move data on 2 external hard drives back and forth between external hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to move data on 2 external hard drives back and forth between external hard drives: I need to move data from one external hard drive to another external hard drive on windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-move-data-on-2-external-hard-drives-back/9bad5cc4-c5d9-4658-bbff-a0b4192ef78f
  3. WD External Failing need advice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD External Failing need advice: I have a WD Passport 2TB External Drive. It is a year old and always worked well However in the past few days it has struggled. Sometimes works but sometimes not. It is still under guarantee so know I can return it. Luckily I have always backed up my files Always bought WD...
  4. WD External Failing need advice

in Windows 10 Support
    WD External Failing need advice: I have a WD Passport 2TB External Drive. It is a year old and always worked well However in the past few days it has struggled. Sometimes works but sometimes not. It is still under guarantee so know I can return it. Luckily I have always backed up my files Always bought WD...
  5. Advice on recuva and selling hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice on recuva and selling hard drive: I have just sold a laptop for a good price and had intended to replace the hard drive with a new one before sale. However I can't get the hard drive cover off as there are a couple of deeply embedded screws with broken threads, so decided to leave the drive in and wipe it a...
  6. advice on a sick external drive

advice on a sick external drive: I have an older external hard drive that around 100 video files that I am unable to transfer to my other drives. I know its slowly dying and I want to save the files if I can. When I try to copy or move the files to another drive everything is find until somewhere around...
  7. Advice re: new hard drive

Advice re: new hard drive: I bought a new Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB drive a few weeks ago in an attempt to fix a problem PC. I may have to scrap the machine (as still cant be fixed) and i wanted to ask are these viable options for my new £765 drive. 1. buy a machine with an HHD and add my SSD drive as a...
  8. Advice re: new hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice re: new hard drive: I bought a new Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB drive a few weeks ago in an attempt to fix a problem PC. I may have to scrap the machine (as still cant be fixed) and i wanted to ask are these viable options for my new £765 drive. 1. buy a machine with an HHD and add my SSD drive as a...
  9. External hard drive

External hard drive: When I plug in my hard drive I get a message (F:\is not accessible.) Access is denied. Why, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/7469afee-e3f1-4499-9926-b55a995943bb
  10. external hard drives

external hard drives: Earlier this week windows did an update and since then it is failing to recognise some of my external hard drive, also windows keeps crashing and re-booting, everything was working fine until update...