Windows 10: external hard drive in WD elements 25A2 is not working after opening the create pool option...

Discus and support external hard drive in WD elements 25A2 is not working after opening the create pool option... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was interested to see how much space I had on my drive. 1. Clicked storage 2. Clicked manager storage space 3. It took me to location control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thomasbrunton1, Jan 15, 2021.

1. external hard drive in WD elements 25A2 is not working after opening the create pool option...

I was interested to see how much space I had on my drive.
    1. Clicked storage
    2. Clicked manager storage space
    3. It took me to location control panel>system and security> storage spaces

4. The instructions stated: “Use storage spaces to save files to two or more devices to help protect you from a drive failure”. This made sense to me so I clicked on “create a new pool and storage space”.

external hard drive in WD elements 25A2 is not working after opening the create pool option... 5c27bc1f-2462-4a60-9676-9e53bebfa1a8?upload=true.png

5. At first it would not allow me to create a pool and so I plugged my external hard drive in WD elements 25A2

6. When I plugged it in it ran and failed to create a pool and then my External hard drive disappeared from the file explorer

7. Now when the external hard drive the pc recognizes it is plugged in and it pops up in devices as well as in device manager however It does not pop in file explorer and I cannot access it

8. When I went through the create pool steps stated above it now shows the external hard drive by its name but states it is an “unformatted drive”.

I have not proceeded with clicking the create pool because I have a lot of data on the external hard drive I need and am hoping there is a way to revert whatever changes occurred during the initial process.

Other details

In device manager when I click on WD elements 25A2 properties it states the capacity is 953837 mb and unallocated space is 953709 mb and reserve space 128 mb. I am hoping this doesn’t mean all my data has been deleted.

It also shows that a series of events occurred on the day the issue began 15th Jan 2021 however I have noticed that these events occurred in the past so not sure they are related

external hard drive in WD elements 25A2 is not working after opening the create pool option... 33b301ed-c266-45fe-b6c1-dc5e225906fd?upload=true.png

external hard drive in WD elements 25A2 is not working after opening the create pool option... acb8707f-0c1b-41a7-874b-2985f087ae35?upload=true.png external hard drive in WD elements 25A2 is not working after opening the create pool option... e7280a9a-2777-4d65-98f0-112777f2b081?upload=true.png

How can I revert these changes and get the data of the hard-drive? Can I please have your assistance as it is crucial I get the data back.

:)

thomasbrunton1, Jan 15, 2021
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

external hard drive in WD elements 25A2 is not working after opening the create pool option... [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

external hard drive in WD elements 25A2 is not working after opening the create pool option... [​IMG]

cobrasl, Jan 15, 2021
  3. WD Elements external drive

I can not open my WD Elements external drive in Windows 10, please help

EdwardOtieno, Jan 15, 2021
  4. jumanji Win User

external hard drive in WD elements 25A2 is not working after opening the create pool option...

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

The process of reaching the destination is vividly explained here Copying files listed by TestDisk during Recovery : My post #28 here https://www.sevenforums.com/hardware...ml#post2395385 (already mentioned in my post #5 )

I repeat it here

Here I am omitting the screenshots leading to the listing of files in the faulty drive since you already know how to get there.

jumanji, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

external hard drive in WD elements 25A2 is not working after opening the create pool option...

1. external hard drive in WD elements 25A2 is not working after opening the create pool option... - Similar Threads - external hard drive

2. External Hard Disk WD Elements Not Working /Unknown - Not Initialized/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Disk WD Elements Not Working /Unknown - Not Initialized/: Hello,My Laptop is not showing the drive for External Hard Disk WD Elements in "My PC". I only show the existing Drives C and D system partitioned ones. But the Hard Disk is identified by "Devices and Printers" under Elements 10B8 - When I click on Properties and then...
  3. External Hard Disk WD Elements Not Working /Unknown - Not Initialized/

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Disk WD Elements Not Working /Unknown - Not Initialized/: Hello,My Laptop is not showing the drive for External Hard Disk WD Elements in "My PC". I only show the existing Drives C and D system partitioned ones. But the Hard Disk is identified by "Devices and Printers" under Elements 10B8 - When I click on Properties and then...
  4. External Hard Disk WD Elements Not Working /Unknown - Not Initialized/

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. WD My passport External hard drive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD My passport External hard drive not working: The name and bar showing up shows fine, but when I try to download something it automatically goes to the C:/original hard drive. It ends up saying disk space full because my disk space on C:/ is full. How do I set up My Passport so it can take in files?...
  6. My WD Passport external hard drive won't open

My WD Passport external hard drive won't open: My WD Passport external hard drive won't open. It's listed in device manager and in the properties is listed as "working properly". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wd-passport-external-hard-drive-wont-open/dac92589-6d55-43ae-a9b0-6e14014b17d8
  7. My WD Passport external hard drive won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My WD Passport external hard drive won't open: I've tried all of the recommendations posted and none have worked. What else can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wd-passport-external-hard-drive-wont-open/4cb1db83-c269-4d71-8fe2-e7c9e11a1155
  8. WD Elements 1TB External not working in USB 3.0

WD Elements 1TB External not working in USB 3.0: I have WD Elements 1TB external drive, it has a USB 3.0 Supported cable. Whenever I plug it in my USB 2.0 port, it works fine but in USB 3.0 port, constant white led is there and doesn't blink. The device manager shows it as not connected and doesn't appear in Disk Management...
  9. WD Elements

WD Elements: I have a WD Elements but have no idea whether it is a 500mb,1TB, 2TB or what ever. How do I find out please? 117424
  10. External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer: My WD Element HDD is not working after I plug it in to my WDTV unit. I tried to recover my files using PW but I'm unable recover it can anyone please help me.. How it shows in Explorer [img] but it does not appear in Disk Management [img] HDD is visible in...