Windows 10: External hard drive migrated???? Or Not help please!!!!!

Discus and support External hard drive migrated???? Or Not help please!!!!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Community please help, New to windows 10 and I have a major issue occurred and I'm not sure how or why it happened. My Seagate external Hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KellieJoy, Mar 13, 2020.

1. KellieJoy Win User

External hard drive migrated???? Or Not help please!!!!!

Dear Community please help,

New to windows 10 and I have a major issue occurred and I'm not sure how or why it happened. My Seagate external Hard drive Migrated and Drive was reconfigured while no one was using it. Why and How did this happen? needless to say the drive was blank with no drive name allocated to it. I had everything on it. Back up file and this list goes on. I am in the process to recover the drives contents. How can I stop this from happening again. this is the 2nd time this has happened to this drive I would rather not have it happen again if I can help it.

We have a HP2000 laptop that originally had windows 8.1 recently update to Windows 10. Error code that was given is below

Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_Seagate&Prob_BUP_Slim\000000 migrated

Last Device Instance Id: SCSI\Disk&Ven_Seagate&Prod_BUP_Slim\000000
    Class Guid: {4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0x0
    Last Device Instance Id: SCSI\Disk&Ven_Seagate&Prod_BUP_Slim\000000
    Class Guid: {4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0x0

:)

KellieJoy, Mar 13, 2020

2. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

Home - Global Support - DE

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Mar 13, 2020
  4. twynog Win User

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

1. External hard drive migrated???? Or Not help please!!!!! - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. Hard Drive migration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive migration: I have 2 lenovo all in 1 computers. One has broken screen so I want to use its 1tb hard drive to replace the 256gb hard drive in the other computer. Both have separate windows 10 licences. I have no data in either of the drives. What can I do? Thanks...
  3. Hard Drive migration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive migration: I have 2 lenovo all in 1 computers. One has broken screen so I want to use its 1tb hard drive to replace the 256gb hard drive in the other computer. Both have separate windows 10 licences. I have no data in either of the drives. What can I do? Thanks...
  4. Hard Drive migration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External USB Hard Drive "Device not Migrated"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External USB Hard Drive "Device not Migrated": Hi I have an external hard disk 4TB in a new external hard drive enclosure which cannot be recognised. I get the Device not Migrated message in Device Manager events tab. Device USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_TO_Exter&Prod_nal_USB_3.0&Rev_0104\2015033100081&0 was not migrated due to...
  6. USB external hard drive not migrating

USB external hard drive not migrating: Ok i have looked and tried every solution that I can find. My external hard drive- NAND USB2DISK USB Device is showing as Not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. I have done the device manager step, it shows up however states it is running properly and no updates are...
  7. Can't access external hard drive files. Please help.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access external hard drive files. Please help.: So long story short, I managed to get an old 500 gb external hard drive to be recognised by windows, and it displays the drive. I have a steam game rainbow six siege moved onto there which works perfectly fine. But when it comes to browsing the drive's files, as soon as I...
  8. Hard drive migration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive migration: I am getting a bare-bones Intel NUC i5. I was thinking of moving the hard drive from another laptop to the NUC. The hard drive has windows 10 installed on it; will the migration stop the OS from working? Is this even possible? submitted by /u/hotspark226 [link] [comments]...
  9. Help with external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with external hard drive: So my PC was running out of storage, so i got an external hard-drive. The problem is, now, I want to play a game stored to it, but it's an old model, and takes up a lot of space. How can I quickly move windows store games from my hard drive to my PC and vice versa. Thank you!...
  10. Assistance with external hard drive please.

Assistance with external hard drive please.: Hi. I've just fitted the hard drive from my old laptop into an external enclosure. Hooking it it up via USB to my new win10 machine I cannot access any of my files. the old HD is registering okay as drive G but it's showing as empty - I think it's 'access denied' to the...