Windows 10: external hard drive not backing up

Discus and support external hard drive not backing up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; every time i press back up it does its backing up thingy then it says you havent backed up your drive ive tried 3 times and many different things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LiamShaw3, Jun 28, 2021.

1. LiamShaw3 Win User

external hard drive not backing up

every time i press back up it does its backing up thingy then it says you havent backed up your drive ive tried 3 times and many different things online please help me i need to fix it before wensday cause they gonna take my computer and fix it and they might need to wipe it so please help

:)

LiamShaw3, Jun 28, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jun 28, 2021
  3. External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 28, 2021
  4. twynog Win User

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

1. external hard drive not backing up - Similar Threads - external hard drive

2. Backing up to one drive and an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up to one drive and an external hard drive?: Why is there no simple command that lets you save files to one drive and an external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-to-one-drive-and-an-external-hard-drive/c6149ac1-6358-43dd-8caf-a3cc2f10914d
  3. Backing up to one drive and an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backing up to one drive and an external hard drive?: Why is there no simple command that lets you save files to one drive and an external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-to-one-drive-and-an-external-hard-drive/c6149ac1-6358-43dd-8caf-a3cc2f10914d
  4. No Windows back up to external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Windows back up to external hard drive?: I just downloaded Windows 11. I thought I would hate it but it is actually quite nice! I use an external hard drive for my back up and do not want to use OneDrive but even though I have read several instructions on how, my page does not have all that the others do? All I have...
  5. No Windows back up to external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Windows back up to external hard drive?: I just downloaded Windows 11. I thought I would hate it but it is actually quite nice! I use an external hard drive for my back up and do not want to use OneDrive but even though I have read several instructions on how, my page does not have all that the others do? All I have...
  6. back up my hard drive to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    back up my hard drive to an external hard drive: backing up my hard drive to external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-my-hard-drive-to-an-external-hard-drive/322809a8-5ac9-408c-998d-8a2ecdcd1906
  7. Want to back-up to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Want to back-up to external hard drive: This is more of a hardware-related question, so I hope it's ok to post it here. I have a hard drive that was the internal hard drive for my previous computer. I saved it since there was nothing wrong with it when my old computer died. Since it was a newer replacement for an...
  8. Backing up to OneDrive and External Hard Drive together.

Backing up to OneDrive and External Hard Drive together.: Does anyone know how I can back up my important information like my edited photos from Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop as well as my important files to OneDrive and my external hard drive at the same time automatically? OneDrive already automatically backs up. But I don't want...
  9. Backing up one drive files to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up one drive files to external hard drive: For added security I like to back up my one drive files to an external hard drive. This may seem unnecessary but I like to have my files on my pc hard drive, the one drive cloud and another external hard drive. This is been working until recently when the backup app does not...
  10. Backing up to a external hard drive

Backing up to a external hard drive: After reading about ransomware etc. it got me wondering about backing up my information to an external hard drive. It would serve double duty in the event of a drive failure or the unlikely event of ransom ware. I've never used an external drive for backup so I have a few...