Windows 10: External hard drive not detected after using as storage space for Windows 10 update

Discus and support External hard drive not detected after using as storage space for Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot access my external hard drive after I tried to use it for storage space for a Windows 10 update. How can I access my files without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by inda79, Jul 1, 2020.

1. inda79 Win User

External hard drive not detected after using as storage space for Windows 10 update

I cannot access my external hard drive after I tried to use it for storage space for a Windows 10 update. How can I access my files without reformatting my drive? When I go into disk management the option to choose a driver is not available.

:)

inda79, Jul 1, 2020
  2. cgm707 Win User

Will using Storage Spaces wipe out data already on external drive?

Windows 10 says i am low on space and suggests using Storage Spaces. I have an external hard drive with lots of space that I was going to use, rather than buy another drive. Will moving data to save space from my PC to the drive work if there is already
    data on the external, and, will it wipe out the existing data if I can move additional data to the external?

cgm707, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Questmore Win User
    Why all storage space of pen drive and external hard drive not available for storage

Hi All.....

Why all storage space of pen drive and external hard drive not available for storage in windows operating system.Why windows operating design or develop like that I able to use all storage space of pen drive and external hard drive for storage purpose.

Questmore, Jul 1, 2020
  4. External hard drive not detected after using as storage space for Windows 10 update

Update Windows 10 using an external hard drive?

my lenova ideipad 1101s needs to upgrade windows 10 have no space in c drive so need to use external hard drive is this computer not able as I have tried always if there away could you please advise as it keeps telling me I have to upgrade and can use external
    hard drive

Platt Petts

ValdaPetts, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

External hard drive not detected after using as storage space for Windows 10 update

1. External hard drive not detected after using as storage space for Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. Windows 10 using an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 using an external hard drive: I have tried to back up my microsoft surface pro using both a Western Digital Elements 2TB and a Seagate 2TB external hard drive both HDD with usb 3.0. Same problem occurs with both drives that a dialogue message comes up saying the Local Disk does not have enough room to...
  3. Windows 10 using an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 using an external hard drive: I have tried to back up my microsoft surface pro using both a Western Digital Elements 2TB and a Seagate 2TB external hard drive both HDD with usb 3.0. Same problem occurs with both drives that a dialogue message comes up saying the Local Disk does not have enough room to...
  4. Using an external hard drive to increase storage capacity of internal hard drive in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using an external hard drive to increase storage capacity of internal hard drive in windows 10: Hello.I have been trying to extend a volume by using Disk Management in windows 10.But without success. I am not sure I'm doing the right thing.My internal disk is filling up so I connected an external hard drive to extend the capacity. Disk Management does not seem work....
  5. Windows is detecting a volume of an external hard drive as unallocated space.

Windows is detecting a volume of an external hard drive as unallocated space.: Pictured above is the unallocated space in disk management. The 2016 GB of unallocated data can be turned into a volume, the 5404.04 GB cannot. There was a large sum of data in the 5404, which I am trying to recover. Is there any way I might be able to recover the volume or...
  6. OneDrive Using Hard Drive Storage Space

OneDrive Using Hard Drive Storage Space: Why is OneDrive taking up space on my hard drive? The storage info says OneDrive is using 33 GB. I needed a new computer and bought one a few months ago. Had to get one with 128 GB because computers were sold out everywhere. I figured that since I have OneDrive, only the apps...
  7. Hard drive disappeared after using Storage Space

Hard drive disappeared after using Storage Space: I migrated my SSD and two WD Blue 2TB hard drives to a new build. The two drives were originally a mirrored array. I wiped them in anticipation of the move to the new machine (old case had 9 3.5 drive bays, new case had 2). I converted the drives to basic disks and cloned my...
  8. External hard drive storage lost

External hard drive storage lost: Hello! My name is donald and i need your help like seriously... I tried to format my HD of 1TB that was in exfat to NTFS but it didn’t achieve and i couldn’t have access to it no more, i tried to check on ease partition what was going on and i saw my HD when unallocated and...
  9. Hard drive storage space

Hard drive storage space: What is the maximum amount of storage space Windows 10 can recognize \ utilize? I am setting up external hard drives for multiple storage locations and I want to know what the limit is that windows can recognize and use at any given time. I contacted support and was told the...
  10. Is it possible to use part of hard drive with storage spaces?

Is it possible to use part of hard drive with storage spaces?: I'm trying to create a storage pool for parity with 4 3TB drives and use 3TB of a 4TB drive that also has my OS. When I go to create the pool the 4 3TB drives show up but the unallocated space on the 4TB with my OS doesn't show up. I have done some research and heard...