Windows 10: External Hard Drive Not Recognised Due to Partial or Ambiguous Match.

Discus and support External Hard Drive Not Recognised Due to Partial or Ambiguous Match. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to attach external hard drive that has bees configured to Apple to accept video files. I wish to download them to my PC. I understand that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Estimator123, Feb 1, 2020.

1. External Hard Drive Not Recognised Due to Partial or Ambiguous Match.

Trying to attach external hard drive that has bees configured to Apple to accept video files. I wish to download them to my PC. I understand that the files will need converting to a Windows format and separate software is required to do this. How can I first get the external hard drive connected?

:)

Estimator123, Feb 1, 2020

2. was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{d16497c0-f73d-4ba3-97db-616efe66b350} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

this happened after I installed the latest update and it wont let me roll back

Liam Stanton, Feb 1, 2020
  3. happyham Win User
    was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

trying to system to recognize a ssd using a sata to usb 3.0 cable

Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_Samsung&Prod_SSD_860_EVO_500G\4&cc0cc8d&0&020000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

happyham, Feb 1, 2020
  4. External Hard Drive Not Recognised Due to Partial or Ambiguous Match.

Device Properties - was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match (?)

I have 2 USB drives.

For one drive, 'WD easystore 25FA USB Device Properties' _/Events\_ shows this:

Device USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_WD&Prod_easystore_25FA&Rev_1018\575832314443384852543331&0 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_GENERIC-

For other drive, 'WD easystore 25FA USB Device Properties' _/Events\_ shows this:

Device USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_WD&Prod_easystore_25FA&Rev_1014\5758333144353832394C5250&0 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_GENERIC-

What is meant by "migrated"?

What would cause an "ambiguous match"?

Is this anything to worry about?

Warm Regards,

Mark.

Note: 'WD easystore 25FA USB Device Properties' _/Driver\_ 'Roll Back Driver' is grayed out.

MarkFilipak.Windows, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

External Hard Drive Not Recognised Due to Partial or Ambiguous Match.

1. External Hard Drive Not Recognised Due to Partial or Ambiguous Match. - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. "...due to partial or ambiguous device match"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "...due to partial or ambiguous device match": Hello, Since February I cannot see my USB3.0 drive anymore. On my DELL13 laptop with Window 11.I checked Google, YouTube, others are asking as well, but no one came up with the right solution.I will include the screenshots. One is from Window File Explorer.The second one...
  3. "...due to partial or ambiguous device match"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "...due to partial or ambiguous device match": Hello, Since February I cannot see my USB3.0 drive anymore. On my DELL13 laptop with Window 11.I checked Google, YouTube, others are asking as well, but no one came up with the right solution.I will include the screenshots. One is from Window File Explorer.The second one...
  4. not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.: i have just installed an new m.2 ssd card into my laptop and i have this error codeDevice SCSI\Disk&Ven_NVMe&Prod_Samsung_SSD_980\5&2373fd3b&0&000000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. how do you fix this?? i have tried the following:1/ windows updates2/ used...
  5. not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.: i have just installed an new m.2 ssd card into my laptop and i have this error codeDevice SCSI\Disk&Ven_NVMe&Prod_Samsung_SSD_980\5&2373fd3b&0&000000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. how do you fix this?? i have tried the following:1/ windows updates2/ used...
  6. not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.: trying to system to recognize a ssd using a sata to usb 3.0 cable Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_Samsung&Prod_SSD_860_EVO_500G\4&cc0cc8d&0&020000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match....
  8. Brand new hard drive was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Brand new hard drive was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.: I recently purchased a brand new hard drive from Western Digital because I was beginning to have issues with my previous hard drive from Seagate. However, when I was inputting the drive into the computer, I continue receiving an error that causes the device to not migrate....
  9. was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.: Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{d16497c0-f73d-4ba3-97db-616efe66b350} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. this happened after I installed the latest update and it wont let me roll back...
  10. Not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match

Not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match: Adding to the above existing thread; My new Windows 10 is not reading USB ports sporadically, my issue is with a card reader which actually has no drivers, so uninstall/reinstall/update driver options in Device Manager do not apply here. Troubleshooting says it needs to be in...