Windows 10: External Hard drive not showing as available device

Discus and support External Hard drive not showing as available device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased a second-hand Transcend Storejet 25h3 1TB external hard drive, connected via USB 3.0. It doesn't show up as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marti_08, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Marti_08 Win User

External Hard drive not showing as available device

Hello,

I recently purchased a second-hand Transcend Storejet 25h3 1TB external hard drive, connected via USB 3.0. It doesn't show up as an available device or drive from the menu on my Microsoft Surface Pro 4, but I can select it from the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media tab on the toolbar to disconnect it.

Please can anyone help me?

Many thanks.

Marti

***Original title: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 not recognising Transcend Storejet external hard drive***

:)

Marti_08, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Jul 28, 2020
  4. External Hard drive not showing as available device

Network External Hard drive not showing in available network devices

The Network External Hard drive not showing in available network devices. It shows up on all other computers on the network except this one. I attempted to locate it through a network device search but it only looks for blue tooth devices. On other computers,
    it shows up as a computer as well as one device (computer) but wont appear on this one.

CraigHaley1, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

External Hard drive not showing as available device

1. External Hard drive not showing as available device - Similar Threads - External Hard drive

2. External Hard Drive NOT showing everything

in Windows 10 Support
    External Hard Drive NOT showing everything: Darn if it is NOT one thing it is another. I have a small external hard drive that I save Ebooks on. It is about one half full. This morning all of a sudden it is only showing folders A-J. How do I get it to show everything folders A-Z? Thanks 183336
  3. External USB hard drive not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External USB hard drive not showing: Hello, I got a laptop, which I bought only last month and I decided to plug my external hard drive in. Everything was going fine for a while, until a couple of day later when my laptop refused to recognise my USB drive. I spent hours updating the BIOS, updating windows,...
  4. External hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive not showing up: I just downloaded windows on a flash drive then plugged it into my pc but when i go to select where i want to download windows nothing shows up. Please help...
  5. External Hard Drive not showing up

External Hard Drive not showing up: Hello I have an external hard drive that worked only a few days ago perfectly,but today it doesn't show up at all under the devices and drives. The computer recognizes that it is connected to the PC. It also doesn't show in disk management. I can use minitool partition...
  6. external hard drive not showing up

external hard drive not showing up: it's not showing up at all. not in windows explorer, not in the device manager, not in disk management, it's as if i didn't even put it in. it's always worked perfectly fine on my laptop (which is what i'm using now) and i used it on my computer (windows 7) just several...
  7. External Hard Drive Not Showing UP

External Hard Drive Not Showing UP: Hello, I am using a WD external hard drive to transfer files from one Windows 10 machine to others. The first machine saw the disk fine, and I added all of the data. The next two machines saw the disk fine, and I transferred all of the date. The fourth machine does not...
  8. External hard drive not showing

External hard drive not showing: Hi, I've connected an external Samsung USB hard drive (not a stick) to my fully updated Win 10 PC and it doesn't show up in File manager. I've gone into Device manager and it shows it as: 'Samsung M3 Portable SCSI Disk Device' but it's not a SCSI drive....
  9. internal hard drives showing as external removable devices

internal hard drives showing as external removable devices: I just finished building my new pc and my hard drives which I moved over from my old computer are showing in device manager and windows media player as portable devices. How to I get them to show up as internal My system is AMD Ryzen 1400. Asrock AB350 Pro4 motherboard,...
  10. External Hard Drive not showing up

External Hard Drive not showing up: I have an external hard drive that I have used regularly with a Windows 7 machine via esata that does not show up when plugged into my Windows 10 notebook via USB. I can see it under the disk management, but there is no drive letter assigned so I cannot access it. ? 37434