Windows 10: External Hard Drive Not Showing Correct Storage Size?

Discus and support External Hard Drive Not Showing Correct Storage Size? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I recently moved all the data from an external hard drive to my laptop so I could install windows on it and fix my (other) laptop. It worked, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobinsonSwiss, Jul 25, 2019.

1. External Hard Drive Not Showing Correct Storage Size?

So I recently moved all the data from an external hard drive to my laptop so I could install windows on it and fix my (other) laptop. It worked, I fixed it all is fine except one thing. I can't move everything back to that hard drive. I cleared everything on it from the recovery session I had earlier. The files started calculating and everything was fine until I see an error message. Not enough storage? What? If you need any more specifics I'll try to provide them but I'm burnt out from having so many tech troubles today, thanks!

:)

RobinsonSwiss, Jul 25, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jul 25, 2019
  3. external Hard Disk is not showing correct size..

the external hard drive has a storage of 1tb but it is showing only about 128mb

* Moved from Community Participation Center

anoopthayyil, Jul 25, 2019
  4. ChriDo Win User

External Hard Drive Not Showing Correct Storage Size?

External Hard Drive not showing under Settings > Storage

An external hard drive is not shown in Windows 10 Pro > Settings > System > Storage. It can also not be selected to save new content on it (Storage > More storage settings > Change where new content is saved.

The hard drive does show up in the disk manger, file explorer and even as Backup (Settings > Update & security > Backup).

Unsuccessful attempts to fix:

Info:

• System: Windows 10 Pro
    • Version: 1703 (Build 15063.877)
    • Hard Drive: WD Elements 2TB, USB 3.0
    • Format: NTFS, ReFS, FAT32 (tried all)

ChriDo, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

External Hard Drive Not Showing Correct Storage Size?

1. External Hard Drive Not Showing Correct Storage Size? - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. External Hard Drive NOT showing everything

in Windows 10 Support
    External Hard Drive NOT showing everything: Darn if it is NOT one thing it is another. I have a small external hard drive that I save Ebooks on. It is about one half full. This morning all of a sudden it is only showing folders A-J. How do I get it to show everything folders A-Z? Thanks 183336
  3. Storage Drive shows wrong size

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage Drive shows wrong size: Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (2009, 19042.985) Version: 10.0.19042 I have a storage drive consiting of 2 x 4 tb drives in a spanned array.Should show 7.2 tb but only shows 3.64 tb. any way to fix this please 180414
  4. External USB hard drive not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External USB hard drive not showing: Hello, I got a laptop, which I bought only last month and I decided to plug my external hard drive in. Everything was going fine for a while, until a couple of day later when my laptop refused to recognise my USB drive. I spent hours updating the BIOS, updating windows,...
  5. External hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive not showing up: I just downloaded windows on a flash drive then plugged it into my pc but when i go to select where i want to download windows nothing shows up. Please help...
  6. Storage Spaces with hard drives of different size

Storage Spaces with hard drives of different size: I have read a lot about storage spaces and I do use it since it has been available to bundle my hard drives. Now I want to reduce the amount of drives, but I'm not sure whether I need to do it all at once creating a new pool with a new drive and moive the files or if I could...
  7. External hard drive storage lost

External hard drive storage lost: Hello! My name is donald and i need your help like seriously... I tried to format my HD of 1TB that was in exfat to NTFS but it didn’t achieve and i couldn’t have access to it no more, i tried to check on ease partition what was going on and i saw my HD when unallocated and...
  8. external hard drive not showing up

external hard drive not showing up: it's not showing up at all. not in windows explorer, not in the device manager, not in disk management, it's as if i didn't even put it in. it's always worked perfectly fine on my laptop (which is what i'm using now) and i used it on my computer (windows 7) just several...
  9. External Hard Drive Not Showing UP

External Hard Drive Not Showing UP: Hello, I am using a WD external hard drive to transfer files from one Windows 10 machine to others. The first machine saw the disk fine, and I added all of the data. The next two machines saw the disk fine, and I transferred all of the date. The fourth machine does not...
  10. External hard drive not showing

External hard drive not showing: Hi, I've connected an external Samsung USB hard drive (not a stick) to my fully updated Win 10 PC and it doesn't show up in File manager. I've gone into Device manager and it shows it as: 'Samsung M3 Portable SCSI Disk Device' but it's not a SCSI drive....