Windows 10: External hard drive opens in File explorer every time laptop wakes or starts (windows 10)

Discus and support External hard drive opens in File explorer every time laptop wakes or starts (windows 10) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I went through all the checks described in the thread below and still can not fix this problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CynthiaSearcy, Jul 17, 2019.

1. External hard drive opens in File explorer every time laptop wakes or starts (windows 10)

I went through all the checks described in the thread below and still can not fix this problem.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-wake-up-my-computer-from-sleep-a-file/abf27517-2d85-46a7-a763-f9761c1e3ead

:)

CynthiaSearcy, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2019
  3. saving and viewing files on an external hard drive

Hi Sam,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Yes, you may format the external hard drive. Follow the below steps.

• Connect the external hard drive to Windows 10 computer.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to the keyboard to open the file explorer.

• Locate the external hard drive on left navigation pane in File explorer.

• Right click on the external hard drive and click on
      Format

• Click Start and follow on screen instructions to format the hard drive.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

External hard drive opens in File explorer every time laptop wakes or starts (windows 10)

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

External hard drive opens in File explorer every time laptop wakes or starts (windows 10)

1. External hard drive opens in File explorer every time laptop wakes or starts (windows 10) - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer: It works on another laptop running on Windows 10. I've tried all the fixes I could find online, but nothing seems to be working. It shows up on Device Manager. I did update the drivers. I uninstalled the device. Manually installed drivers from the manufacturer's website and...
  3. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer: It works on another laptop running on Windows 10. I've tried all the fixes I could find online, but nothing seems to be working. It shows up on Device Manager. I did update the drivers. I uninstalled the device. Manually installed drivers from the manufacturer's website and...
  4. External Hard Drive Unable to Open Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Drive Unable to Open Files: Hello, I really need help. I am looking through my external hard drive and am unable to open the files. They are mostly pictures and videos. It says "It looks like we don't support this file format". I saw that my PNG pictures open however I am not able to open any JPG or...
  5. External Hard Drive Unable to Open Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Unable to Open Files: Hello, I really need help. I am looking through my external hard drive and am unable to open the files. They are mostly pictures and videos. It says "It looks like we don't support this file format". I saw that my PNG pictures open however I am not able to open any JPG or...
  6. External Hard Drive Unable to Open Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Opens a file every time I start windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opens a file every time I start windows 10: --2021-05-12 16:50:27-- http://kasun/ Resolving kasun... failed: Unknown host. wget: unable to resolve host address `kasun' --2021-05-12 16:50:29-- http://sameera%5Cappdata%5Clocal%5Ctemp%5Cwsar_download.log/ Resolving sameera\appdata\local\temp\wsar_download.log... failed:...
  8. Windows explorer crashes can't open external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows explorer crashes can't open external hard drive: I see so many threads for this issue, yet none of those threads have working answers :. I bought a Toshiba Canvio Advance Portable 2TB External Harddrive about a month ago, and finally got around to using it about a week ago. Used about 500Gb of the memory until it suddenly...
  9. External hard drive is not opening in Windows 10

External hard drive is not opening in Windows 10: Hello, my external hard drive used to fine with windows 10 after i upgrade it from windows 7. But, now the windows is detecting it but not opening it. It is taking too much time, till it shows "not responding" sign. Before it showed the message " parameters incorrect.' I...
  10. External hard drive not appearing in file explorer

External hard drive not appearing in file explorer: my windows 7 laptop died (no power). I purchase new windows 10 laptop and am attempting to read my former hard drive by making it an external drive. It is recognized as a device but I cannot view any of the files in file explorer. I am just attempting to recover some recent...