Windows 10: External Hard Drive Power Off?

Discus and support External Hard Drive Power Off? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a WD 2TB Mypassport drive and for some reason after I shut down my desktop it still has power to it and the light blinks. I want to completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Denver7, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Denver7 Win User

External Hard Drive Power Off?

I have a WD 2TB Mypassport drive and for some reason after I shut down my desktop it still has power to it and the light blinks. I want to completely shut off everything when I shut down my PC. I checked all of the power setting and nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

Denver7, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Dec 20, 2018
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Dec 20, 2018
  4. External Hard Drive Power Off?

External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

External Hard Drive Power Off?

1. External Hard Drive Power Off? - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. External hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive: When I plug in my hard drive I get a message (F:\is not accessible.) Access is denied. Why, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/7469afee-e3f1-4499-9926-b55a995943bb
  3. external hard drive

external hard drive: Why is windows not recognizing my external hard drive, its fn 2019 this s should be plug and play your os is garbage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/8a51c6c8-175f-4d84-b6e7-84ab2697752f
  4. external hard drives

external hard drives: Earlier this week windows did an update and since then it is failing to recognise some of my external hard drive, also windows keeps crashing and re-booting, everything was working fine until update...
  5. External USB Drive Power On and Off Through Keyboard

External USB Drive Power On and Off Through Keyboard: I am looking for ways to easily turn on and turn off the power to my external hard drives through a shortcut or by some other simple mechanism. I have found lots of diagnostic tools, but nothing that would work like a light switch. The drives are both Seagate. Thanks for...
  6. HELP! Windows not running off external hard drive

HELP! Windows not running off external hard drive: I dono if I am posting this in the right bit but if you can help that will be great So my laptop runs off my external hard drive which is my (D) so when I log in my desktop open up from it and it was work until today when before I turn my laptop on I put in my USB stick...
  7. External Hard Drive won't power up

External Hard Drive won't power up: I have an old usb 2.0 external drive enclosure with a ~150GB Hitachi drive, that works fine. I took a 500GB drive from a working Linux system, placed it in the enclosure and when powered up nothing happen, the discs don't spin. Is it a problem between window and linux, or...
  8. Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub

Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub: I have two powered USB 2.0 hard drives that I plan to plug into a powered USB 3.0 hub. I know I won't get the USB 3.0 speed, but should the I also connect each drive's power connection? Thank you for your help. 96467
  9. External Hard drive off and on

External Hard drive off and on: Hope this is in the right place. In the past few days my external hard drive makes the sound (windows notification) like when I unplug it from my desktop. Then about 5 seconds later I get another sound and notification asking me how I would like to view content for G: (my...
  10. Turning off Hard Drives to Reduce Noise/Power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning off Hard Drives to Reduce Noise/Power: My desktop has 1 SSD and 4 HDDs, running Windows off the SSD I want to turn the hard drives off when I'm not using them in order to reduce noise from the PC and power consumption (it does matter to me because I often run my PC off a UPS). What are my best options for doing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. external hdd power off with windows