Windows 10: External hard drive - turn off annoying security warnings?

Discus and support External hard drive - turn off annoying security warnings? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been connecting an external hard drive to my laptop for some time. I NEVER had any problems. Now once, since today, every time I want to move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jonasker, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Jonasker Win User

External hard drive - turn off annoying security warnings?

I have been connecting an external hard drive to my laptop for some time. I NEVER had any problems. Now once, since today, every time I want to move something on THE PLATE, I get the message "These files may cause risks to the computer". This is absolute rubbish and gets on my nerves! The hard disk is NOT a NETWORK RUNWORK! How can I switch off this unnecessary dirt? Thanks for every help!

:)

Jonasker, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Aug 2, 2020
  4. External hard drive - turn off annoying security warnings?

Turning Windows Security Off

I have a new desktop and an older laptop with both running Windows 10 in conjunction with a stand alone external hard drive. When I first installed Windows 10 on my desktop I unwittingly chose to turn Windows Security on. My external hard drive has both
    a public and a private access. I can access both sides through my laptop with my file browser but when I try to the same on my desktop Windows Security blocks the private side. So I need to know what are the steps to turn Windows Security off.

BillEdington, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

External hard drive - turn off annoying security warnings?

1. External hard drive - turn off annoying security warnings? - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. How to turn off the annoying notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off the annoying notification?: Hello! There is a window that shows "You'll need internet for this" pops up again and again. I know my pc isn't connected to the internet. But the notification is really annoying. How can I turn off this notification?...
  3. How to turn off the annoying notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off the annoying notification?: Hello! There is a window that shows "You'll need internet for this" pops up again and again. I know my pc isn't connected to the internet. But the notification is really annoying. How can I turn off this notification?...
  4. Stop external hard drive from turning off so quickly when connected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop external hard drive from turning off so quickly when connected.: Windows 10 Home 1909 Not sure if this is right part of the forum. Please move if it isn't. USB suspend does not seem to appear in my settings. Am I able to get these settings back or is there another way I can control the amount of time before the external hard drive turns...
  5. Internal hard drive turning constantly on and off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal hard drive turning constantly on and off: Hello After a while when i have started my computer the hard drive starts to go on and off making clicking and decelerating noises. This behavior started after I upgraded ti Win 10 so it may have something to do with that. Anyone who has a clue what this can be?...
  6. External Hard Drive Power Off?

External Hard Drive Power Off?: I have a WD 2TB Mypassport drive and for some reason after I shut down my desktop it still has power to it and the light blinks. I want to completely shut off everything when I shut down my PC. I checked all of the power setting and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have...
  7. Annoying warning plugging in usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying warning plugging in usb flash drive: When I Plug in a USB Flash Drive, I get This Annoying Message . Camera Upload. Keep Your Memories Safe. All your photos and videos will be automatically saved to dropbox. How can I get rid of or dissable this warning/message...
  8. permanently turn off 'security warning' 'publisher unknown'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    permanently turn off 'security warning' 'publisher unknown': permanently turn off 'security warning' 'publisher unknown' 'always ask before asking this file' is already off 108401
  9. HELP! Windows not running off external hard drive

HELP! Windows not running off external hard drive: I dono if I am posting this in the right bit but if you can help that will be great So my laptop runs off my external hard drive which is my (D) so when I log in my desktop open up from it and it was work until today when before I turn my laptop on I put in my USB stick...
  10. External Hard drive off and on

External Hard drive off and on: Hope this is in the right place. In the past few days my external hard drive makes the sound (windows notification) like when I unplug it from my desktop. Then about 5 seconds later I get another sound and notification asking me how I would like to view content for G: (my...