Windows 10: external hard drive

Discus and support external hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone I am new to Tenforums. I am trying to get an external hard drive to show up so I can use it. It shows up in the disc management it is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimmer123, Apr 22, 2016.

1. jimmer123 Win User

external hard drive

Hello everyone I am new to Tenforums. I am trying to get an external hard drive to show up so I can use it. It shows up in the disc management it is a 2TB of storage but it shows up as 127mb I don't understand it. It is a g drive I have attached an image of what shows up I hope you can understand what I mean?????????? Kind regards Jim

:)

jimmer123, Apr 22, 2016

2. How can I restore an external hard drive backup to a new external hard drive?

Original Title: Terrill Shanks

How can I restore an external hard drive backup to a new external hard drive?

I have all my photos on an external hard drive. Every month I hook up the external hard drive before my automatic back up and the external hard drive becomes part of the weekly back up.

My Photo external hard drive is acting up and I need to install (copy) the last back up to a new external hard drive.

All the back up file folders are Zip files. My C:\ drive is backed up first then the H:\ drive which is my external hard drive. Zip file # 15 contains the last part of the C:\ Drive files and starts the H:\ drive back up.

Can I just copy the Zip file folders that contain the H:\ drive to the new external hard drive and unzip them? If not, can I use the computer restore program to copy the files I want to the new external hard drive?

Thanks for any information you can provide regarding this problem.

Terrill -- my e-mail address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

TerrillShanks, Apr 22, 2016
  3. whn I insert my external hard drive and play a movie there is a message on screen from windows script host saying cannot find script file F:\.Trashes\872\lktfm.jse

how old is the "external hard drive" (flash drive)?

does the "external hard drive" belong to you or...?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 22, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

external hard drive

Hello Jimmer, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It looks like you may have had an OS installed on the external drive at one time?

Did you want to format the external drive, or just wanted to access what's already on it?

If access, then you will need to add a drive letter to the middle "primary partition" on Disk 2 in your screenshot using OPTION ONE in the tutorial below.

Drive Letter - Add, Change, or Remove in Windows - Windows 7 Help Forums

If you wanted to format it to start fresh, then you can run the "clean" command on Disk 2 to wipe it, then format it.

Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Apr 22, 2016
  5. jimmer123 Win User
    Hello I could only change the drive letter on the 127mb fat the middle one which is the one I want to access is greyed out? I don't know what to do ?

jimmer123, Apr 22, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 22, 2016
  7. jimmer123 Win User
    No it is just greyed out in my computer management screen.? why have I got a new volume f with only 127mb on in the right hand side of computer management. Sorry if I don't understand I don't know to much about computers. I have to go for a while now but I will be back tomorrow ok but please help.

jimmer123, Apr 22, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

external hard drive

That's ok. I'll be here when you're ready to continue. *Smile

Did you need any of the data on the drive that you can't access right now? If not, then it'll be easier to temporarily copy what you want from the partition you can access to another disk, and run the "clean" command on the disk to get all the space back.

Brink, Apr 22, 2016
  9. jimmer123 Win User
    Hello thank you for the reply, no I do not need any of the data so what do I do now (please make it easy lol) regards

jimmer123, Apr 23, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

external hard drive

1. external hard drive - Similar Threads - external hard drive

2. External hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive.: Sirs, Occasionally, my external hard drive does not reveal itself on 'This PC', despite the light indicating power is on. The light, however is static when the problem occurs and doesn't flash rapidly as it does when all is well. Thanks in anticipation....
  3. external hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drives: purchased a external hard drive, and I cannot transfer my music to the drive, the computor is telling me the device and drivers are working properly, It doesnt even show up only in devices and printers. It also tells me that it would be faster if it had a 3.0 usb...
  4. external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    external hard drive: What external hard drive do you recommend for back-up on Dell Inspiron 3671. I do not want to save to the cloud. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/c23fb5c0-2b97-457d-81ca-3a824c7e6f1a
  5. External hard drive

External hard drive: When I plug in my hard drive I get a message (F:\is not accessible.) Access is denied. Why, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/7469afee-e3f1-4499-9926-b55a995943bb
  6. external hard drive

external hard drive: Why is windows not recognizing my external hard drive, its fn 2019 this s should be plug and play your os is garbage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/8a51c6c8-175f-4d84-b6e7-84ab2697752f
  7. external hard drives

external hard drives: Earlier this week windows did an update and since then it is failing to recognise some of my external hard drive, also windows keeps crashing and re-booting, everything was working fine until update...
  8. External hard drive

External hard drive: How can I open the contents of my exteral G-drive USB on my windows 10 HP laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/6d746bbd-2b6d-42d5-9112-955e1ed8bcb5
  9. external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard drive: I don't know how to retrieve files from my external hard drive. On file explore there used to be a link to click. it's not there anymore. I have a Seagate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/1136c02a-ab6f-48c4-8db1-71c2791ecc45"
  10. external hard drives

external hard drives: I have two external hard drives I used on two different computers. On both computers I backed up all information onto the external hard drives before installing windows 10 on both computers. I was running windows 7 on both computers before the installation. On both computers...