Windows 10: External Hard Drive

Discus and support External Hard Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was just wondering if I can allocate some space from One Disk to another disk in windows 10.I bought WD Easy store ,and I have tried if I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by selamawikahsai, Oct 26, 2021.

1. External Hard Drive

I was just wondering if I can allocate some space from One Disk to another disk in windows 10.I bought WD Easy store ,and I have tried if I can allocate some space from my WD Easy store to my C drive and the extended volume is greyed out, I even tried to use third part software to do so but it wouldn't work out so is there any way I can allocate ? any help will be much appreciated.

:)

selamawikahsai, Oct 26, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Oct 26, 2021
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Oct 26, 2021
  4. External Hard Drive

External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

External Hard Drive

1. External Hard Drive - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. External hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive.: Sirs, Occasionally, my external hard drive does not reveal itself on 'This PC', despite the light indicating power is on. The light, however is static when the problem occurs and doesn't flash rapidly as it does when all is well. Thanks in anticipation....
  3. external hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drives: purchased a external hard drive, and I cannot transfer my music to the drive, the computor is telling me the device and drivers are working properly, It doesnt even show up only in devices and printers. It also tells me that it would be faster if it had a 3.0 usb...
  4. external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    external hard drive: What external hard drive do you recommend for back-up on Dell Inspiron 3671. I do not want to save to the cloud. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/c23fb5c0-2b97-457d-81ca-3a824c7e6f1a
  5. External hard drive

External hard drive: When I plug in my hard drive I get a message (F:\is not accessible.) Access is denied. Why, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/7469afee-e3f1-4499-9926-b55a995943bb
  6. external hard drive

external hard drive: Why is windows not recognizing my external hard drive, its fn 2019 this s should be plug and play your os is garbage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/8a51c6c8-175f-4d84-b6e7-84ab2697752f
  7. external hard drives

external hard drives: Earlier this week windows did an update and since then it is failing to recognise some of my external hard drive, also windows keeps crashing and re-booting, everything was working fine until update...
  8. External hard drive

External hard drive: How can I open the contents of my exteral G-drive USB on my windows 10 HP laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/6d746bbd-2b6d-42d5-9112-955e1ed8bcb5
  9. external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard drive: I don't know how to retrieve files from my external hard drive. On file explore there used to be a link to click. it's not there anymore. I have a Seagate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/1136c02a-ab6f-48c4-8db1-71c2791ecc45"
  10. external hard drives

external hard drives: I have two external hard drives I used on two different computers. On both computers I backed up all information onto the external hard drives before installing windows 10 on both computers. I was running windows 7 on both computers before the installation. On both computers...