Windows 10: External hard drives are showing up on my mac, but when I plug them into any windows 10...

Discus and support External hard drives are showing up on my mac, but when I plug them into any windows 10... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have tried every tutorial I've seen to try and fix this, my computer sees the hard drive plugged in but does not show any data from it. I do work on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kewl-deal, Jan 14, 2020.

1. External hard drives are showing up on my mac, but when I plug them into any windows 10...

I have tried every tutorial I've seen to try and fix this, my computer sees the hard drive plugged in but does not show any data from it. I do work on both computers and I cannot bring over anything, any ideas? Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/kewl-deal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kewl-deal, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Computer freezes and Explorer doen't respond when I plug an external Hard drive

Hello jobkakule,

The issue is possibly caused by corrupted data or bad sectors on your external hard drive or could be a sign of a failing hard drive.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Have you tried plugging your external hard drive to a different USB port? Also, check if you can access the drive by plugging it to a different computer.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to repair the bad sectors on your external hard drive. Kindly refer to the steps below:

(Let's just assume that the drive letter for your external hard drive is E. If not, please do change it to the correct drive letter)

1. Plug in your external hard drive. Click on Start, search for
    Command Prompt, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.

2. Type in the following command below and press Enter after each command:

Chkdsk /f E:

Chkdsk /r E:

3. Reboot your computer after the scan is completed.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

External hard drives are showing up on my mac, but when I plug them into any windows 10...

External Hard Drive

Hi,

Just to verify, did you mean, your back up files used to be on your external hard drive, but now it's no longer there? If this is true, kindly provide more answers to the questions below, so we can further assess the issue:

• When did the files start to disappear?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Did you make nay changes on the settings of your PC or hard drive prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to plug in your external drive?
    • Does your external drive shows that the space is consumed?

Please advise. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

External hard drives are showing up on my mac, but when I plug them into any windows 10...

1. External hard drives are showing up on my mac, but when I plug them into any windows 10... - Similar Threads - External hard drives

2. External Hard Drive Crashing Windows 10 when plugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External Hard Drive Crashing Windows 10 when plugged: Hello,Suddenly my pc crashes immediately after I plug any external drives on any USB ports.At the second I plug an external HDD my pc shutdown. i tried different ones to make sure the issue was not coming from the HDD itselfIf I boot the pc with the HDD already plugged, it...
  3. Files from Mac are not showing on external hard drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files from Mac are not showing on external hard drive in Windows 10: I have copied some folders from MacOS High Sierra to a Seagate HD (exFAT, 1TB). When opening the hard drive in Win10 the folders/files are not there, not even in hide mode. I had this same problem when my Seagate was formatted to NTFS, which Mac doesn't support without...
  4. External hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive not showing up: I just downloaded windows on a flash drive then plugged it into my pc but when i go to select where i want to download windows nothing shows up. Please help...
  5. External Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive not showing up: Hello I have an external hard drive that worked only a few days ago perfectly,but today it doesn't show up at all under the devices and drives. The computer recognizes that it is connected to the PC. It also doesn't show in disk management. I can use minitool partition...
  6. external hard drive not showing up

external hard drive not showing up: it's not showing up at all. not in windows explorer, not in the device manager, not in disk management, it's as if i didn't even put it in. it's always worked perfectly fine on my laptop (which is what i'm using now) and i used it on my computer (windows 7) just several...
  7. External hard drive not showing up windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    External hard drive not showing up windows 10: External storage devices changed a lot since the birth of the PC. From floppy disks and CDs to flash memories and hard drives, people were always looking for the fastest, the lightest and the most durable memory devices. Hard drives are currently the best solution for large...
  8. External Hard Drive Not Showing UP

External Hard Drive Not Showing UP: Hello, I am using a WD external hard drive to transfer files from one Windows 10 machine to others. The first machine saw the disk fine, and I added all of the data. The next two machines saw the disk fine, and I transferred all of the date. The fourth machine does not...
  9. External hard drive not showing up when connected

External hard drive not showing up when connected: Hi there - I connected my Seagate 2Tb external HD my laptop and while the drive turns on (light activated and disk spinning), the drive is not showing up as connected to my computer. I've used this drive with this same laptop many times previously without any complication....
  10. External Hard Drive not showing up

External Hard Drive not showing up: I have an external hard drive that I have used regularly with a Windows 7 machine via esata that does not show up when plugged into my Windows 10 notebook via USB. I can see it under the disk management, but there is no drive letter assigned so I cannot access it. ? 37434