Windows 10: External hard drives have always bitmap error in mft after switch hard drive from computer...

Discus and support External hard drives have always bitmap error in mft after switch hard drive from computer... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Tech-Angels, I have two computers (A and B) running Windows 10. I create a new txt-file with the text "I am computer A" on an external hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SilvioGesell, Feb 1, 2019.

1. External hard drives have always bitmap error in mft after switch hard drive from computer...

Hello Tech-Angels,

I have two computers (A and B) running Windows 10.

I create a new txt-file with the text "I am computer A" on an external hard drive connecting (USB 2.0) with computer A.

I shutdown computer A.

I take the external hard drive to computer B and connecting (USB 2.0) it.

I opened the txt-file and write "I am computer B" in a new line. And I saved the file.

Several hours later I shutdown computer B.

I take the external hard drive to computer A and connecting it.

The txt-file is disappeared (show hidden files is enabled).

I scann and repair the external hard drive.

The txt-file is now there. I open it and only the first line (I am computer A) is there.

Chkdsk said that there where bitmap errors in mft (see below).

I have changed the external hard drive (ssd) to another external hard drive (hdd). But the problem is still there.

I have changed the direction (A-B,B-A) and the problem is the same.

I always shutdown the computers before takting the external hard drive. And the lights of the external hard drive are off.

Well ... it seemed to be a problem with changed master-file-table. Hope anyone here can help me.

Thank you

Michael

>>>

Chkdsk wurde im Lesen-/Schreibenmodus ausgeführt.

Dateisystem auf E: wird überprüft.
    Die Volumebezeichnung lautet Seagate Expansion Drive.

Phase 1: Die Basisdatei-Systemstruktur wird untersucht...

2816 Datensätze verarbeitet. Dateiüberprüfung beendet.

0 große Datensätze verarbeitet.
    0 ungültige Datensätze verarbeitet.
    Phase 2: Die Dateinamenverknüpfung wird untersucht...

30 Analysedatensätze verarbeitet.
    3306 Indexeinträge verarbeitet. Indexüberprüfung beendet.
    CHKDSK überprüft nicht indizierte Dateien, um die Verbindung mit dem ursprünglichen Verzeichnis wiederherzustellen.
    2 nicht indizierte Dateien im ursprünglichen Verz. wiederhergestellt.

30 Analysedatensätze verarbeitet.
    Phase 3: Sicherheitsbeschreibungen werden untersucht...
    Ein Indexeintrag mit der Kennung 117 wird aus dem Index $SDH der Datei 9 gelöscht.
    7 unbenutzte Indexeinträge werden aus dem Index $SII der Datei 9 gelöscht.
    7 unbenutzte Indexeinträge werden aus dem Index $SDH der Datei 9 gelöscht.
    7 nicht verwendete Sicherheitsbeschreibungen werden aufgeräumt.
    Überprüfung der Sicherheitsbeschreibungen beendet.

245 Datendateien verarbeitet. Fehler im Attribut BITMAP der Masterdateitabelle (MFT) werden berichtigt.

Es wurden Korrekturen am Dateisystem vorgenommen.
    Es sind keine weiteren Aktionen erforderlich.

1953512032 KB Speicherplatz auf dem Datenträger insgesamt
    2288736 KB in 2457 Dateien
    1108 KB in 247 Indizes
    128384 KB vom System benutzt
    65536 KB von der Protokolldatei belegt
    1951093804 KB auf dem Datenträger verfügbar

4096 Bytes in jeder Zuordnungseinheit
    488378008 Zuordnungseinheiten auf dem Datenträger insgesamt
    487773451 Zuordnungseinheiten auf dem Datenträger verfügbar

:)

SilvioGesell, Feb 1, 2019
  2. twynog Win User

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi,

Just to verify, did you mean, your back up files used to be on your external hard drive, but now it's no longer there? If this is true, kindly provide more answers to the questions below, so we can further assess the issue:

• When did the files start to disappear?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Did you make nay changes on the settings of your PC or hard drive prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to plug in your external drive?
    • Does your external drive shows that the space is consumed?

Please advise. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

External hard drives have always bitmap error in mft after switch hard drive from computer...

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

External hard drives have always bitmap error in mft after switch hard drive from computer...

1. External hard drives have always bitmap error in mft after switch hard drive from computer... - Similar Threads - External hard drives

2. External hard drive error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive error: I was transferring files to my external HDD LaCie Rugged Mini USB3, and my computer turned off because of an error during the transfer. After I turned it back on, the drive was identified as a Local Drive H:, and I can no longer access the files on it. Now, when the disk is...
  3. External hard drive error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive error: I was transferring files to my external HDD LaCie Rugged Mini USB3, and my computer turned off because of an error during the transfer. After I turned it back on, the drive was identified as a Local Drive H:, and I can no longer access the files on it. Now, when the disk is...
  4. My external Hard Drive disconnects... always

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external Hard Drive disconnects... always: Just bought a new laptop... never had issues with the old one but with the new one running windows 11, my SSD disconnects. I have tried just about everything that has been suggested to get that hard drive to stay connected:- Changed USB selective suspend setting to Disabled-...
  5. My external Hard Drive disconnects... always

My external Hard Drive disconnects... always: Just bought a new laptop... never had issues with the old one but with the new one running windows 11, my SSD disconnects. I have tried just about everything that has been suggested to get that hard drive to stay connected:- Changed USB selective suspend setting to Disabled-...
  6. Hard Drive Switching

Hard Drive Switching: Hi All,I'm currently switching hard drives as I am out of space on my Primary Windows C: Drive. So I'm switching to a drive with more space. I have a recovery windows USB drive ready to go and an image back up on another drive as well made on Marcium. The problem I'm having...
  7. Hard Drive Switching

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive Switching: Hi All,I'm currently switching hard drives as I am out of space on my Primary Windows C: Drive. So I'm switching to a drive with more space. I have a recovery windows USB drive ready to go and an image back up on another drive as well made on Marcium. The problem I'm having...
  8. USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive: I'm having a hard time finding which USB ports on my laptop and its dock are v3 or v2 (or less possibly), but when I tried two different ports (I think one is v3), they both seemed to transfer at about 150KBps... which seems slow even for USB v2. I'm copying files from an...
  9. Bitmap error in MFT, when External hard drives switched from computer A to B

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitmap error in MFT, when External hard drives switched from computer A to B: Hello Tech-Angels, I have two computers (A and B) running Windows 10. I create a new txt-file with the text "I am computer A" on an external hard drive connecting (USB 2.0) with computer A. I shutdown computer A. I take the external hard drive to computer B and...
  10. External Hard Drive Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive Error: My external hard drive is showing an error. G:\ is not accessible. The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. Does anyone know how to fix it without formatting it? Have a lot of file on there that I'd like to recover if possible. Any advice would be greatly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 corrupt mft on external