Windows 10: External Harddisk

Discus and support External Harddisk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello guys! Please help me with this, I will try my best at explaining the problem. First of all, I have a Seagate expansion hard disk 1TB HDD in which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marc Vana, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Marc Vana Win User

External Harddisk

Hello guys! Please help me with this, I will try my best at explaining the problem. First of all, I have a Seagate expansion hard disk 1TB HDD in which I have really important files. And it worked perfectly until 1 hour ago, when it was plugged in the computer USB port works well and, by accident, it was plugged out. And when I put it again, the PC didn't recognize it. The PC made that sound when a device is connected, but the disk does not appear in File Explorer nor Disk Management. And to get more a complicated story, when I plug it in, I can't restart my PC. The window with "restarting" is standing on my screen for 1 hour and nothing happened, and I plugged it out, it restarted instantly. I tried to plug it in another PC, same problem there. All can be found about it is that the small icon in the taskbar appears, and in 'devices and printers' it is at 'unspecified'. I got you 3 photos:

External Harddisk 66f0f460-3710-4e69-8fcb-c8ae2ede2d90?upload=true.png

External Harddisk 3b676e8c-e1a5-44ce-bfe9-64648193d995?upload=true.png External Harddisk 044a502b-c088-42de-a030-b22bad2eb426?upload=true.png

That's all that can be found on PC about this hard disk. Tried to google it but nothing useful in 3 hours.

I mean I am kind of sure that the hard disk is virused, but how can I know certainly and what can I do about it? If you need any more info, feel free to ask me. Thanks in advance! Have a nice day!

:)

Marc Vana, Jan 22, 2020
  2. NyenKLee Win User

Accessing external harddisk connected via USB

How do I make a connected USB drive (ie, an external harddisk connected via a USB port) visible in the File Explorer?

NyenKLee, Jan 22, 2020
  3. File History of files on external USB harddisk drive

Hi,

I have a external harddisk connected to my pc using USB. This drive contains personal files which I want to add to file history. I simply want that everytime I connect my external harddrive to my pc, that file history backs up the files on it to a location
    on the network. How do I do that?

* I have file history working for files on an internal harddrive

* I did add my external harddrive to the Documents library

* I tried adding the folder on the external harddrive using the "Add a folder" using the windows 10 settings. But the folder seems to dissappear from the list after a while.

Another detail: the disk is encrypted using DiskCryptor. Everytime I connect the drive windows says it has to be formatted. When I mount the drive by providing the key to DiskCryptor the drive becomes a valid one.

Stefan Cloudt, Jan 22, 2020
  4. meterV Win User

External Harddisk

Problem accessing my external harddisk Iomega HDD

Hi,

my friend has the same problem with this external harddisk on her windows 10 pc

Other hard disks don't have the problem only my Iomega HDD

meterV, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

External Harddisk

1. External Harddisk - Similar Threads - External Harddisk

2. External harddisks not showing up on file explorer but visible in system tray. Only hard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External harddisks not showing up on file explorer but visible in system tray. Only hard...: As you can see here in the below image, the hard disk is connected via usb port and i have tried all the ports, no use. Its shown in the system tray but not visible in file explorer. As u can see the local disk E isnt operational because i tried transferring some files from...
  3. External harddisks not showing up on file explorer but visible in system tray. Only hard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External harddisks not showing up on file explorer but visible in system tray. Only hard...: As you can see here in the below image, the hard disk is connected via usb port and i have tried all the ports, no use. Its shown in the system tray but not visible in file explorer. As u can see the local disk E isnt operational because i tried transferring some files from...
  4. External Harddisk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Harddisk: I do have a 1 TB harddisk and want to confirm whether it is physically damaged or there's another problem.The issues that I am facing with the harddisk are:1. It is not instantly recognized by my pc, it takes more than 5 seconds unlike other memory devices.2. Harddisk always...
  5. External Harddisk

External Harddisk: I do have a 1 TB harddisk and want to confirm whether it is physically damaged or there's another problem.The issues that I am facing with the harddisk are:1. It is not instantly recognized by my pc, it takes more than 5 seconds unlike other memory devices.2. Harddisk always...
  6. External Harddisk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Need Help, deleted all data from extern harddisk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help, deleted all data from extern harddisk: hey guys,I maybe deleted all data from my extern harddisk. I installed the tool for upgrade win 10 on the hard disk. the harddisk hat 2 paticipations. I copied all important data from the one participation to the other and wanted to install the ISO-date on the empty...
  8. Need Help, deleted all data from extern harddisk

Need Help, deleted all data from extern harddisk: hey guys,I maybe deleted all data from my extern harddisk. I installed the tool for upgrade win 10 on the hard disk. the harddisk hat 2 paticipations. I copied all important data from the one participation to the other and wanted to install the ISO-date on the empty...
  9. Need Help, deleted all data from extern harddisk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. can't initialized external harddisk The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error

can't initialized external harddisk The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error: Hello i have a problem with my external harddisk WD My Passport 25E2 USB. long time ago my laptop can detect this external hardisk. but for some reason i miss click on something or i change something that i cant remember, this mistake make me can't initialized my external...