Windows 10: External Harddrive Files are not appearing on my Windows but Appears on my Mac

Discus and support External Harddrive Files are not appearing on my Windows but Appears on my Mac in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there,I have an external hard drive that I originally used on my Mac. I plugged it into another Macbook, and all my files are there. However, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EdmondDang, Jan 24, 2022.

1. External Harddrive Files are not appearing on my Windows but Appears on my Mac

Hi there,I have an external hard drive that I originally used on my Mac. I plugged it into another Macbook, and all my files are there. However, when I plug it into my Windows PC, the external hard drive is now called "New Volume D:" and the content in the External Harddrive is empty. I don't receive any error messages at all. I plugged it back into a macbook, and all my files are still there. Is this a partition issue? I no longer use Mac so how can I ensure that my external harddrive works on my PC?Best,Edmond

:)

EdmondDang, Jan 24, 2022
  2. Snowy11 Win User

Seagate 2TB external harddrive not appearing

Hi all

I plugged in my external harddriand it doesnt show in file explorer.I went to Device Manager,Disk Drives and its there,i went to disk management but it didnt appear there.ive tried pretty much everything and i dont no what els i can do.i downloaded recovery
    tools which cant pick my harddrive up

any solutions?

Snowy11, Jan 24, 2022
  3. laptop DVD drive not appearing on windows?

Well my cousin is coming down soon with his laptop to get his DVD drive fixed because on my computers his DVD drive isn't appeared on the list,he can eject his DVD drive but it doesn't appear on windows..anyone know how to fix this?? would entering bios help?? would i be able to format it?

kurosagi01, Jan 24, 2022
  4. External Harddrive Files are not appearing on my Windows but Appears on my Mac

External HardDrive Problem (please help External Harddrive Files are not appearing on my Windows but Appears on my Mac :( )

Try this:

1) Insert your flash/external drive into the USB port.

2) When you see the AutoPlay dialog box, click Cancel.

3) Open My Computer, right-click your flash drive icon, and select Properties.

4)In the Properties dialog box, select the AutoPlay tab.

5) Perform the following steps for each item in the Content Type drop-down list:
    > Select an item in the Content Type drop-down list.
    > Choose Select An Action To Perform in the Actions panel.
    > Select the Open Folder To View Files In Windows Explorer action.
    > Click the Apply button.
    > Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.

Now use the Safely Remove Hardware feature to remove your flash drive — wait a moment and plug it back in. You’ll see the AutoPlay progress appear momentarily, and then you should see Windows Explorer open to show the contents of the flash drive.

thoughtdisorder, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

External Harddrive Files are not appearing on my Windows but Appears on my Mac

1. External Harddrive Files are not appearing on my Windows but Appears on my Mac - Similar Threads - External Harddrive Files

2. External Harddrive Files are not appearing on my Windows but Appears on my Mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Harddrive Files are not appearing on my Windows but Appears on my Mac: Hi there,I have an external hard drive that I originally used on my Mac. I plugged it into another Macbook, and all my files are there. However, when I plug it into my Windows PC, the external hard drive is now called "New Volume D:" and the content in the External Harddrive...
  3. External Harddrive Files are not appearing on my Windows but Appears on my Mac

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Harddrive Files are not appearing on my Windows but Appears on my Mac: Hi there,I have an external hard drive that I originally used on my Mac. I plugged it into another Macbook, and all my files are there. However, when I plug it into my Windows PC, the external hard drive is now called "New Volume D:" and the content in the External Harddrive...
  4. strange file appears on my desktop !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange file appears on my desktop !: hello all .. there is an undeletable file appears on my desktop have a weird name and it doesn't even open , anyone can tell me what it is please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-file-appears-on-my-desktop/b4d59d99-7ad6-41df-9f14-00b61837dc58
  5. strange file appears on my desktop !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange file appears on my desktop !: hello all .. there is an undeletable file appears on my desktop have a weird name and it doesn't even open , anyone can tell me what it is please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-file-appears-on-my-desktop/b4d59d99-7ad6-41df-9f14-00b61837dc58
  6. My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the...

My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the...: Hi, My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the device manager. How do i make it appear on my desktop. Note: "I hate windows 10" has 120 user names and "windows 10 is ****" has 461 usernames in this community. I am trying it...
  7. What are these files appearing on my PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What are these files appearing on my PC?: what are these files that keep appearing in my recent folder? at first they were called network/ then after 10 minutes they changed to windowsdefender ones. is this normal? https://imgur.com/a/bHnEeyN https://imgur.com/a/b5bXJf2...
  8. Mac external harddrives access.

Mac external harddrives access.: I am moving my video editing work from mac to windows. I have multiple external hard drives where all projects are stored and would like to be able to access them through my new window set up without having to reformat. is there away to do this. I am running window 10 pro....
  9. My 4TB Seagate External Harddrive won't appear, but Windows 10 recognizes it and says that...

My 4TB Seagate External Harddrive won't appear, but Windows 10 recognizes it and says that...: I have had this drive for 8 weeks and only now have I had a problem with it. It will not notify me when the drive has been plugged in, but in the Disk Management it reads "Active". And it will also not appear in the Storage Settings as well, so I can't figure out what is...
  10. My TB4 Seagate External Harddrive won't appear, but Windows 10 recognizes it and says that...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My TB4 Seagate External Harddrive won't appear, but Windows 10 recognizes it and says that...: I have had this drive for 8 weeks and only now have I had a problem with it. It will not notify me when the drive has been plugged in, but in the Disk Management it reads "Active". And it will also not appear in the Storage Settings as well, so I can't figure out what is...