Windows 10: External Harddrive is locked

Discus and support External Harddrive is locked in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Team, I have an external hardrive which is currently locked and inaccessible. I do not have the password or the recovery key saved with me. Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aanchal_S, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Aanchal_S Win User

External Harddrive is locked

Hi Team,

I have an external hardrive which is currently locked and inaccessible.

I do not have the password or the recovery key saved with me. Tried looking for the recovery key but couldn't get it as I am using a new laptop now, since the old one laptop has been formatted. The recovery key is also not associated with my Microsoft account.

Could you please help in getting my external hard drive unlocked. I do not want to format the harddrive, but hope to recover the same.

Thanks,

Aanchal

:)

Aanchal_S, Feb 9, 2021
  2. matjapp Win User

Recover External HardDrive

I've installed Windows 10 by creating installation media on my 500gb external harddrive. After creating the installation media, my pc can only detected usb with 39gb. How can I recover my external harddrive and all it's files?

matjapp, Feb 9, 2021
  3. anindyo Win User
    Windows can't detect some external harddrive

Please help guys..

My win10 can't detect some external harddrive.

- The harddrive is listed in disk drives at device manager, but not detected in windows explorer and disk management.
    - I've tried to reinstall or update the disk driver at device manager, but still not work.
    - I've tried to disable my antivirus protection while connecting my harddrive.
    - The harddrive that is not detected in my laptop, is detected in other PC/laptop.
    - As I mentioned above, these problems is not affected to all harddrive, just some of them, that I can't understand.

Can someone help me?

anindyo, Feb 9, 2021
  4. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

1. External Harddrive is locked - Similar Threads - External Harddrive locked

2. External Harddrive locking up Explorer on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Harddrive locking up Explorer on startup: Good afternoon,I experiencing an issue where if I boot up Windows with my external harddrive connected Seagate Onetouch 6TB, then go to file explorer, it'll hang indefinitely while trying to navigate files. If I unplug the hardrive it'll instantly unfreeze and act as it...
  3. External Harddrive locking up Explorer on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Harddrive locking up Explorer on startup: Good afternoon,I experiencing an issue where if I boot up Windows with my external harddrive connected Seagate Onetouch 6TB, then go to file explorer, it'll hang indefinitely while trying to navigate files. If I unplug the hardrive it'll instantly unfreeze and act as it...
  4. BitLocker locked my external harddrive without being asked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker locked my external harddrive without being asked: I am very angry. Today I went to access a 6TB external drive like almost every day, but suddenly can't because bitlocker hasencrypted the entire drive? I have never used bitlocker in my life and I live alone. I am extremely unhappy right now and didNOT do this. I want someone...
  5. BitLocker locked my external harddrive without being asked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker locked my external harddrive without being asked: I am very angry. Today I went to access a 6TB external drive like almost every day, but suddenly can't because bitlocker hasencrypted the entire drive? I have never used bitlocker in my life and I live alone. I am extremely unhappy right now and didNOT do this. I want someone...
  6. External harddrive connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External harddrive connection: I have connected my 4tb external hard drive to my laptop, but it does not appear in "this pc". It is connected and working, but I can't access it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive-connection/90bbad1b-3610-4b99-a879-6aae1350a4be
  7. External Harddrive Issues

External Harddrive Issues: I just purchased a new ASUS laptop. Im going from a Macbook pro to windows 10. My external hard drive has worked on a windows laptop i had years ago (an ASUS also) and on my macbook without issue. When i plug my external hard drive into my laptop it makes the sounds that I’ve...
  8. external harddrive

external harddrive: My computer recognizes the harddrive . States it is working properly but will not allow me to open it. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive/0aba405c-3d6d-4a2d-afb4-771e92c416ed
  9. external harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external harddrive: HI ALL I NEED DESPERATE HELP IM PANICKING I DID SOMETHING WITH MY EXTERNAL HDD I TOOK SHARING OFF BY MISTAKE AND ITS LIKE MY LIFE ON THE HDD IT SAYS H; NOT ACCESSIBLE AND ACCESS DENIED HOW DO I FX IT...
  10. FileHistory - external HardDrives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FileHistory - external HardDrives: I try to use FileHistory to backup my files - photos. File History is set to external 3T HD As Back up folders I selected entire internal separate HD (Pictures(H:) H:\) Also all my personal files such as Documents etc are added to back up folders (default setting) I run...