Windows 10: External Harddrive is not recognized by my laptop

Discus and support External Harddrive is not recognized by my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Silicon Power Portable External Hard Drive Armor A60 Shockproof USB 3.0, that is not being recognized by my laptop computer. I actually have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rosered51, Jul 28, 2018.

1. rosered51 Win User

External Harddrive is not recognized by my laptop

I have a Silicon Power Portable External Hard Drive Armor A60 Shockproof USB 3.0, that is not being recognized by my laptop computer. I actually have 2 of these. One is recognized fine no problem, the other is not recognized at all. It's like I have not even plugged it in. It works find on my desktop computer but is like a doorstop when I try to use it with my laptop. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of my USB ports. I am not sure what else to do to try and fix the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

rosered51, Jul 28, 2018

2. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    External HardDrive not showing up in This PC(Windows 10), but can see in Device Manager

Hi,

External Hard Drive may have an issue can be due to outdated drivers. To better isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried connecting another External device in your Dell laptop and check if the issue still persist?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Devlin Sco
    on this
    thread
    . It will let you diagnose and provide remedy for device driver issues.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 28, 2018
  4. matjapp Win User

Recover External HardDrive

I've installed Windows 10 by creating installation media on my 500gb external harddrive. After creating the installation media, my pc can only detected usb with 39gb. How can I recover my external harddrive and all it's files?

matjapp, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

1. External Harddrive is not recognized by my laptop - Similar Threads - External Harddrive recognized

2. Parameter incorrect to my external harddrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Parameter incorrect to my external harddrive: Hai ... I am pravinI have a 2tb external harddrive Yesterday I copying my files from my pc.between copying file system is shown" copying error". I click try again button. Then system will getting hang.after plug out my harddrive the system is coming to normalAgain I plugin my...
  3. My external Iomega Harddrive is not recognised.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My external Iomega Harddrive is not recognised.: Windows Explorer does not "see" my external Iomega harddrive. I have tried unplugging and replugging, restarting with the drive plugged in and switched on, but nothing seems to work....
  4. External Harddrive is locked

External Harddrive is locked: Hi Team, I have an external hardrive which is currently locked and inaccessible. I do not have the password or the recovery key saved with me. Tried looking for the recovery key but couldn't get it as I am using a new laptop now, since the old one laptop has been...
  5. External harddrive connection

External harddrive connection: I have connected my 4tb external hard drive to my laptop, but it does not appear in "this pc". It is connected and working, but I can't access it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive-connection/90bbad1b-3610-4b99-a879-6aae1350a4be
  6. External Harddrive Issues

External Harddrive Issues: I just purchased a new ASUS laptop. Im going from a Macbook pro to windows 10. My external hard drive has worked on a windows laptop i had years ago (an ASUS also) and on my macbook without issue. When i plug my external hard drive into my laptop it makes the sounds that I’ve...
  7. Transferring photos from laptop to external harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring photos from laptop to external harddrive: How do I transfer the photos I currently have on my Photos library on my laptop to my external harddrive? There doesn't seem to be an option I can press that allows me to do this. Thank you....
  8. external harddrive

external harddrive: My computer recognizes the harddrive . States it is working properly but will not allow me to open it. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive/0aba405c-3d6d-4a2d-afb4-771e92c416ed
  9. external harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external harddrive: HI ALL I NEED DESPERATE HELP IM PANICKING I DID SOMETHING WITH MY EXTERNAL HDD I TOOK SHARING OFF BY MISTAKE AND ITS LIKE MY LIFE ON THE HDD IT SAYS H; NOT ACCESSIBLE AND ACCESS DENIED HOW DO I FX IT...
  10. FileHistory - external HardDrives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FileHistory - external HardDrives: I try to use FileHistory to backup my files - photos. File History is set to external 3T HD As Back up folders I selected entire internal separate HD (Pictures(H:) H:\) Also all my personal files such as Documents etc are added to back up folders (default setting) I run...