Windows 10: External Harddrive Issues

Discus and support External Harddrive Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just purchased a new ASUS laptop. Im going from a Macbook pro to windows 10. My external hard drive has worked on a windows laptop i had years ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Christina_012, Aug 30, 2019.

1. External Harddrive Issues

I just purchased a new ASUS laptop. Im going from a Macbook pro to windows 10. My external hard drive has worked on a windows laptop i had years ago (an ASUS also) and on my macbook without issue. When i plug my external hard drive into my laptop it makes the sounds that I’ve plugged something in. When i go into device manager I can see my external hard rive an name but i cannot access my files. When i go into the area to configure the partition it shoes up with 128gb unallocated. I’ve updated all USB driver for the new laptop and both of my external hard drives and all say up to date with the most recent software. I can access my flash drives without issue. How can i access my files on this new laptop? Im extremely frustrated that this is this difficult. Makes me regret my decision of switching over.

:)

Christina_012, Aug 30, 2019
  2. matjapp Win User

Recover External HardDrive

I've installed Windows 10 by creating installation media on my 500gb external harddrive. After creating the installation media, my pc can only detected usb with 39gb. How can I recover my external harddrive and all it's files?

matjapp, Aug 30, 2019
  3. infocus Win User
    Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Aug 30, 2019
  4. External Harddrive Issues

External Harddrive Causes Computer Freeze & Reads Harddrive/Cards as Corrupt but they are not

Hi,

Recently my Desktop computer has been freezing whenever I plug in my WD External Harddrive in, and it never used to do so. It causes the computer to freeze up and sometimes crash! The harddrive if at all possible to show up in the folders list, then reads
    a message saying it is corrupt.

Then, when I plug in a memory card, it reads the card as corrupt, but when I go to a MAC it reads it fine. Something is going on with my desktop.

Help!

Megan A.Oxley, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

External Harddrive Issues

1. External Harddrive Issues - Similar Threads - External Harddrive Issues

2. External harddrive mostly not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External harddrive mostly not showing: One of my external hard drive shows in the hidden icons dropdown without a drive letter -> Backup Plus Desk, It shows in Device Manager – Disk Drives, It DOES NOT show in Disk Management and It DOES NOT show in windows explorer. How can I get it to show in Windows Explorer...
  3. External Harddrive is locked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Harddrive is locked: Hi Team, I have an external hardrive which is currently locked and inaccessible. I do not have the password or the recovery key saved with me. Tried looking for the recovery key but couldn't get it as I am using a new laptop now, since the old one laptop has been...
  4. External harddrive connection

External harddrive connection: I have connected my 4tb external hard drive to my laptop, but it does not appear in "this pc". It is connected and working, but I can't access it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive-connection/90bbad1b-3610-4b99-a879-6aae1350a4be
  5. Harddrive issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Harddrive issue: i had my harddrive for about a year and i was keep getting the error smart failure predicted. when i boot my computer with the hard drive in it.it gets into a infinite loading time and when i try to use any recovery programs it remains stuck on updating info. how can i get...
  6. No write permission on external harddrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No write permission on external harddrive: I just got a new external hard drive and built a new pc both for video and photo editing. today I went to export a photo out of photoshop and overwrite an old version of it when I was promted that I didn't have write permission for that folder. I read online I may need to...
  7. Harddrive issue

Harddrive issue: okay simply put I want to get all the Data I can off of my hard drive that seems to have crapped out disk 3 is the hard drive in question I know there is data on it I can't get at it and have no idea how http://prntscr.com/nz8ijd if I initialize the drive will it...
  8. external harddrive

external harddrive: My computer recognizes the harddrive . States it is working properly but will not allow me to open it. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive/0aba405c-3d6d-4a2d-afb4-771e92c416ed
  9. external harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external harddrive: HI ALL I NEED DESPERATE HELP IM PANICKING I DID SOMETHING WITH MY EXTERNAL HDD I TOOK SHARING OFF BY MISTAKE AND ITS LIKE MY LIFE ON THE HDD IT SAYS H; NOT ACCESSIBLE AND ACCESS DENIED HOW DO I FX IT...
  10. FileHistory - external HardDrives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FileHistory - external HardDrives: I try to use FileHistory to backup my files - photos. File History is set to external 3T HD As Back up folders I selected entire internal separate HD (Pictures(H:) H:\) Also all my personal files such as Documents etc are added to back up folders (default setting) I run...