Windows 10: external harddrive

Discus and support external harddrive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer recognizes the harddrive . States it is working properly but will not allow me to open it. What can I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarthaSchlagel, Feb 16, 2019.

1. external harddrive

My computer recognizes the harddrive . States it is working properly but will not allow me to open it.

What can I do?

:)

MarthaSchlagel, Feb 16, 2019
  2. matjapp Win User

Recover External HardDrive

I've installed Windows 10 by creating installation media on my 500gb external harddrive. After creating the installation media, my pc can only detected usb with 39gb. How can I recover my external harddrive and all it's files?

matjapp, Feb 16, 2019
  3. infocus Win User
    Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Feb 16, 2019
  4. external harddrive

External Harddrive Causes Computer Freeze & Reads Harddrive/Cards as Corrupt but they are not

Hi,

Recently my Desktop computer has been freezing whenever I plug in my WD External Harddrive in, and it never used to do so. It causes the computer to freeze up and sometimes crash! The harddrive if at all possible to show up in the folders list, then reads
    a message saying it is corrupt.

Then, when I plug in a memory card, it reads the card as corrupt, but when I go to a MAC it reads it fine. Something is going on with my desktop.

Help!

Megan A.Oxley, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

external harddrive

1. external harddrive - Similar Threads - external harddrive

2. Video Tags on External Harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video Tags on External Harddrive: I have come across a weird issue with video tags in Windows 10. Can't seem to find an answer for this. To start I have many mp4 video files. I open folder right click on the file then go to properties. I click on details, then add Tags for the video and click ok. This...
  3. Booted windows onto a 1 TB External harddrive with important information.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booted windows onto a 1 TB External harddrive with important information.: Managed to recover the information well however my 1 TB HD is now 32 GB due to it being a drive. Is there a way for me to revert this back to the original state? Don't care if I delete windows from it, just want the original back with 1 TB space submitted by /u/-Reuben...
  4. Missing folders from external harddrive under windows update

Missing folders from external harddrive under windows update: After automatic windows update on 9th October 2019, all the folders created after August 2019 in my external harddrive have gone missing. they are not anywhere in This Pc, I have searched all the directories under users to no avail. I have changed the view to show hidden...
  5. Windows updates erasing external harddrive

Windows updates erasing external harddrive: How do I stop Windows updates from erasing my external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-erasing-external-harddrive/33ce0317-1dba-4362-9b00-152db78a194a"
  6. Toshiba external harddrive keeps disconnecting when trying to do back up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba external harddrive keeps disconnecting when trying to do back up: When I connect the external (back up) hard drive, the light comes on. When I go to back up now, it says it is "backing up" then after 10 seconds I Keep getting this message: Reconnect your drive: Your file history drive was disconnected for too long. Hope someone has the...
  7. Onedrive download large files to external harddrive

Onedrive download large files to external harddrive: I have to download >500 gb from the onedrive cloud to an external harddrive. I am only able to download 3.9 gb at a time. Is there any options to download large amounts of data?...
  8. KESU USB 3.0 1TB external harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KESU USB 3.0 1TB external harddrive: Hello, I used to be able to see my hard drive on my laptop, but now I can no longer see it. I followed the instruction below, after first disabling it, and re-enabling it. I have shut down and restarted my machine multiple time, I checked for an updated device driver and...
  9. External Harddrive Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Harddrive Issues: I just purchased a new ASUS laptop. Im going from a Macbook pro to windows 10. My external hard drive has worked on a windows laptop i had years ago (an ASUS also) and on my macbook without issue. When i plug my external hard drive into my laptop it makes the sounds that I’ve...
  10. Loading system image or external harddrive to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loading system image or external harddrive to new laptop: Hi community history- I admittedly do not know much about laptops. I had an old Asus laptop that lasted 6 years until it became very, very slow. I would have tried to salvage the speed but it was also in rough physical condition so I began hunting for an affordable laptop...