Windows 10: external harddrive

Discus and support external harddrive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer recognizes the harddrive . States it is working properly but will not allow me to open it. What can I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarthaSchlagel, Feb 16, 2019.

1. external harddrive

My computer recognizes the harddrive . States it is working properly but will not allow me to open it.

What can I do?

:)

MarthaSchlagel, Feb 16, 2019
  2. matjapp Win User

Recover External HardDrive

I've installed Windows 10 by creating installation media on my 500gb external harddrive. After creating the installation media, my pc can only detected usb with 39gb. How can I recover my external harddrive and all it's files?

matjapp, Feb 16, 2019
  3. infocus Win User
    Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Feb 16, 2019
  4. external harddrive

External Harddrive Causes Computer Freeze & Reads Harddrive/Cards as Corrupt but they are not

Hi,

Recently my Desktop computer has been freezing whenever I plug in my WD External Harddrive in, and it never used to do so. It causes the computer to freeze up and sometimes crash! The harddrive if at all possible to show up in the folders list, then reads
    a message saying it is corrupt.

Then, when I plug in a memory card, it reads the card as corrupt, but when I go to a MAC it reads it fine. Something is going on with my desktop.

Help!

Megan A.Oxley, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

external harddrive

1. external harddrive - Similar Threads - external harddrive

2. Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive: Hi, I have an Iomega ego encrypt external hard disk and it no longer accepts my password, nor can I change it have no personal questions defined . The only way is via Secure Cryptographic Erase, however this will erase all my data. Is there a possibility to get my passwoord...
  3. Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive: Hi, I have an Iomega ego encrypt external hard disk and it no longer accepts my password, nor can I change it have no personal questions defined . The only way is via Secure Cryptographic Erase, however this will erase all my data. Is there a possibility to get my passwoord...
  4. Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. i am using windows 11 and my toshiba canvio slim external harddrive is not recognized.

i am using windows 11 and my toshiba canvio slim external harddrive is not recognized.: I upgraded my software about 4 months ago and now my external hard drive is not popping up. I can feel hard drive running in the unit but my computer will not recognize it as a device....
  6. i am using windows 11 and my toshiba canvio slim external harddrive is not recognized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am using windows 11 and my toshiba canvio slim external harddrive is not recognized.: I upgraded my software about 4 months ago and now my external hard drive is not popping up. I can feel hard drive running in the unit but my computer will not recognize it as a device....
  7. Connected external SSD to Laptop through USB adapter and now the main internal harddrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected external SSD to Laptop through USB adapter and now the main internal harddrive...: So I wanted to use a different Boot device with my laptop than the internal without opening it up, so I connect my SSD to my SATA to USB adapter, turned it on, switched to USB boot on the Boot manager by pressing f12 repeatedly and it Worked!! But when I wanted to use the...
  8. Connected external SSD to Laptop through USB adapter and now the main internal harddrive...

Connected external SSD to Laptop through USB adapter and now the main internal harddrive...: So I wanted to use a different Boot device with my laptop than the internal without opening it up, so I connect my SSD to my SATA to USB adapter, turned it on, switched to USB boot on the Boot manager by pressing f12 repeatedly and it Worked!! But when I wanted to use the...
  9. External Harddrive locking up Explorer on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Harddrive locking up Explorer on startup: Good afternoon,I experiencing an issue where if I boot up Windows with my external harddrive connected Seagate Onetouch 6TB, then go to file explorer, it'll hang indefinitely while trying to navigate files. If I unplug the hardrive it'll instantly unfreeze and act as it...
  10. External Harddrive locking up Explorer on startup

External Harddrive locking up Explorer on startup: Good afternoon,I experiencing an issue where if I boot up Windows with my external harddrive connected Seagate Onetouch 6TB, then go to file explorer, it'll hang indefinitely while trying to navigate files. If I unplug the hardrive it'll instantly unfreeze and act as it...