Windows 10: External harddrives shows more times in file explorer

Discus and support External harddrives shows more times in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have in more ways tried to solve this problem : External harddrives shows more times in file explorer - I ahve studied more proposals and have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ernst Lyth, Nov 10, 2021.

1. External harddrives shows more times in file explorer

I have in more ways tried to solve this problem : External harddrives shows more times in file explorer - I ahve studied more proposals and have tried to make changes to registry - no result.Anybody have an effective solution to this problem - this problem seems to have been discussed quite a lot but for me - no solution

:)

Ernst Lyth, Nov 10, 2021

2. External HardDrive Problem (please help External harddrives shows more times in file explorer :( )

Try this:

1) Insert your flash/external drive into the USB port.

2) When you see the AutoPlay dialog box, click Cancel.

3) Open My Computer, right-click your flash drive icon, and select Properties.

4)In the Properties dialog box, select the AutoPlay tab.

5) Perform the following steps for each item in the Content Type drop-down list:
    > Select an item in the Content Type drop-down list.
    > Choose Select An Action To Perform in the Actions panel.
    > Select the Open Folder To View Files In Windows Explorer action.
    > Click the Apply button.
    > Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.

Now use the Safely Remove Hardware feature to remove your flash drive — wait a moment and plug it back in. You’ll see the AutoPlay progress appear momentarily, and then you should see Windows Explorer open to show the contents of the flash drive.

thoughtdisorder, Nov 10, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 10, 2021
  4. RuthMinni Win User

External harddrives shows more times in file explorer

External hard drive does not show up in File Explorer on Windows 10.

Original Title: I just got a ASUS notebook can't connect to my external harddrive

HELP

I have a WD external harddrive. I just purchases an ASUS notebook. I am unable to get the external drive to show up in my explorer. It shows up a device in the setup devices. Any ideas. I can be a little tech challenged.

RuthMinni, Nov 10, 2021
Thema:

External harddrives shows more times in file explorer

1. External harddrives shows more times in file explorer - Similar Threads - External harddrives shows

2. External harddrive mostly not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External harddrive mostly not showing: One of my external hard drive shows in the hidden icons dropdown without a drive letter -> Backup Plus Desk, It shows in Device Manager – Disk Drives, It DOES NOT show in Disk Management and It DOES NOT show in windows explorer. How can I get it to show in Windows Explorer...
  3. External harddrive mostly not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External harddrive mostly not showing: One of my external hard drive shows in the hidden icons dropdown without a drive letter -> Backup Plus Desk, It shows in Device Manager – Disk Drives, It DOES NOT show in Disk Management and It DOES NOT show in windows explorer. How can I get it to show in Windows Explorer...
  4. External harddrive mostly not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External harddrives shows more times in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External harddrives shows more times in file explorer: I have in more ways tried to solve this problem : External harddrives shows more times in file explorer - I ahve studied more proposals and have tried to make changes to registry - no result.Anybody have an effective solution to this problem - this problem seems to have been...
  6. External harddrives shows more times in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External harddrives shows more times in file explorer: I have in more ways tried to solve this problem : External harddrives shows more times in file explorer - I ahve studied more proposals and have tried to make changes to registry - no result.Anybody have an effective solution to this problem - this problem seems to have been...
  7. File Explorer will not show External HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer will not show External HDD: I have the latest updated windows 10 and I'm trying to access an External HDD that I was able to format for reuse. However, it will not show in file explorer. I've experimented and found that it does show in Disk Management and Device Manager, but I'm unable to access in...
  8. File Explorer Not Showing External "A" Drive

File Explorer Not Showing External "A" Drive: I plugged an external "A" drive into my computer via a USB port with File Explorer open. The "A" drive shows up, but only for about 2 seconds and then it goes away. I changed USB ports and it does the same. I checked Device Manager under "Floppy Drives" and it shows the "A"...
  9. external harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external harddrive: My computer recognizes the harddrive . States it is working properly but will not allow me to open it. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive/0aba405c-3d6d-4a2d-afb4-771e92c416ed
  10. external harddrive

external harddrive: HI ALL I NEED DESPERATE HELP IM PANICKING I DID SOMETHING WITH MY EXTERNAL HDD I TOOK SHARING OFF BY MISTAKE AND ITS LIKE MY LIFE ON THE HDD IT SAYS H; NOT ACCESSIBLE AND ACCESS DENIED HOW DO I FX IT...