Windows 10: External Hardrive USB

Discus and support External Hardrive USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a KESU USB 3.0 320 G external hardrive. It is not showing up anywhere on my Surface Pro 7. I have tried going into Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Leah-AnnWalmsley-Pledl, Jun 22, 2020.

1. External Hardrive USB

Hi,

I recently bought a KESU USB 3.0 320 G external hardrive. It is not showing up anywhere on my Surface Pro 7. I have tried going into Device Manager and uninstalling and reinstalling USB Root Hub USB. 3 but still the hardrive is not showing up anywhere.

How do I fix this, so that the Hardrive shows up? It does light up and start working when plugged in, but just does not show up anywhere.

Thanks

:)

Leah-AnnWalmsley-Pledl, Jun 22, 2020

2. Win10 external Hardrive.

Hello all techies need your help.

I have been using my External hardrive case with different memory card plug in the front of the external hardrive case.

It has been working for over five years fine and something happened that it wants to now format it. I know all the information is still on the Hardrive. However, how do I get my windows to recognize the Hardrive or hardrive to recognize windows? I don't
    want to lose all my data please.

Kind Regards from an American from the Balkan,

Drago Andjelic

Cloning Hardrive Question, Jun 22, 2020
  3. external hardrives after 1-2 hours working then disappear

We appreciate your response and the information provided. Since the steps that you've done and the Windows Update Troubleshooter didn't work, we suggest that you check the troubleshooting steps in this
    article. The troubleshooting steps on the said article usually resolve issue
    regarding the error message "USB Device not recognized".

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting steps.

Carlos Tin, Jun 22, 2020
  4. External Hardrive USB

Backing file to USB external hardrive

I'm using a WD external HD. Windows 10 has not been able to do a backup to that drive since first use of Windows 10. I use the backup software that came with HD. I kow of several people that have same issue. We are using a usb 3.0 port. So not a new issue,
    and you're not the only one that has this issue. My suggestion is to turn off windows backup and use the drive manufacturers backup software. Both WD and Seagate include this with their external drives.

WickedAction, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

External Hardrive USB

1. External Hardrive USB - Similar Threads - External Hardrive USB

2. Usb windows boot not compatible with hardrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Usb windows boot not compatible with hardrive: I factory reset my computer however it still has the windows profile and gives an error message whenever I try to login. I tried to go around this by booting windows up via usb however whenever I try to setup windows it says it’s incompatible with my hardrives despite the...
  3. Usb windows boot not compatible with hardrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb windows boot not compatible with hardrive: I factory reset my computer however it still has the windows profile and gives an error message whenever I try to login. I tried to go around this by booting windows up via usb however whenever I try to setup windows it says it’s incompatible with my hardrives despite the...
  4. External Hardrive Does Not Appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hardrive Does Not Appear in File Explorer: I have a USB external hard drive that appears on my Windows Desktop under drive letter E. However, when I connect it to my Windows laptop it does not appear in the file explore or in the Disk Management.However, it does appear in the Device Manager and under 'Bluetooth and...
  5. External Hardrive

External Hardrive: How do i access my external HARDRIVE on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hardrive/216895a8-343c-4b49-93f2-d71f988de2a4
  6. External hardrive not accessible on windows 10

External hardrive not accessible on windows 10: Hi. My hardrive shows: location is not available, G:/ is not accessible, access deniedit shows this on windows 10 but when I plug into a windows 7 laptop it works. Please help, I have to access the drive on windows 10, the windows 7 laptop I have upgraded now to windows 10,...
  7. i unplugged my external hardrive unsafe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i unplugged my external hardrive unsafe: will this ruin my whole pc or make it slow ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-unplugged-my-external-hardrive-unsafe/113316f4-b392-4a1d-ac83-7e4cfb48da17
  8. Big problem with my external hardrive G

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Big problem with my external hardrive G: my externe hardrive doen't work,it tells me that my hardrive is protected in ecriture,so i can't pua Nothing on it,what can i do?thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/big-problem-with-my-external-hardrive-g/ba4912e9-7fda-46db-89c1-e5857eb508b5
  9. Win10 external Hardrive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 external Hardrive.: Hello all techies need your help. I have been using my External hardrive case with different memory card plug in the front of the external hardrive case. It has been working for over five years fine and something happened that it wants to now format it. I know all the...
  10. Backing file to USB external hardrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing file to USB external hardrive: Having trouble using external hard drive to backup computer will not accept external settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-file-to-usb-external-hardrive/e7277ad3-9cbf-4c15-9b33-13d0f0538be9"