Windows 10: External HD drive 1Tera locked by Bitlock System in a Windows10.

Discus and support External HD drive 1Tera locked by Bitlock System in a Windows10. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an external HD drive with a lot of files. I have password and code not matching with the ones asked from system. I need to open this files... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaoloDelicato, Jul 20, 2018.

1. External HD drive 1Tera locked by Bitlock System in a Windows10.

I have an external HD drive with a lot of files.

I have password and code not matching with the ones asked from system.

I need to open this files into HD drive.

What can I do?

:)

PaoloDelicato, Jul 20, 2018

2. External Hard Drive Locked Automatically by Bitlocker

I have a problem with my external hard drive. It appears that Bitlocker locked it without my knowledge. I have never even heard of Bitlocker before my File Explorer told me that the drive was locked by Bitlocker.

I have no password because I did not set it up. As for the recovery key, I was able to retrieve it from my Microsoft Account. However, when I used it, Windows 10 did not accept the recovery key.

How do I recover my files from my external hard drive?

Thanks,

Rob

RobPanganiban, Jul 20, 2018
  3. File back up to bitlockered external drive

Thanks John.

By trial and error the solution is,

• Set the file back up to the desired external USB drive, Back up using file history.
    • Run backup to completion.
    • Dismount, (Remove) the drive used.
    • Remount (Plug in) the drive used for the file back up (Steps 1&2) and encrypt using Bitlocker.
    Note you can only encrypt drives using some versions of Windows (Pro for eg not Home)

• Once the external drive has been encrypted dismount.
    • Remount the drive, go to the file back up option, Open, Settings, Backup,
      Back up using file history
    • The drive should now still be visible and has been encrypted.
    • Accessing the drive will be dependant on how it was set up in Bitlocker,
      Open with this PC, password, pin code
      etc.
    • Repeat file back up as in the first two steps.

Hope this helps someone else.

Martin Holme, Jul 20, 2018
  4. External HD drive 1Tera locked by Bitlock System in a Windows10.

Bitlocker on multiple external drives

Hi Myron,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with using bitlocker on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if bitlocker settings is incorrect.

I suggest you to try decrypting the volume for the multiple external drives and then reset the bitlocker for the multiple drives.

Refer to the below Microsoft Help Article.

Note: The step provided in the below link is also applicable in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...er-Drive-Encryption-and-decrypting-the-volume

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

External HD drive 1Tera locked by Bitlock System in a Windows10.

1. External HD drive 1Tera locked by Bitlock System in a Windows10. - Similar Threads - External drive 1Tera

2. BitLocker unilaterally locked my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker unilaterally locked my external hard drive: BitLocker locked my external hard drive without being asked. I installed an NVME m.2 SSD in a laptop and loaded a bunch of content onto it. Used it fine for several months. I then sold the laptop, removed the hard drive, and installed it in my desktop only to discovered that...
  3. BitLocker unilaterally locked my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker unilaterally locked my external hard drive: BitLocker locked my external hard drive without being asked. I installed an NVME m.2 SSD in a laptop and loaded a bunch of content onto it. Used it fine for several months. I then sold the laptop, removed the hard drive, and installed it in my desktop only to discovered that...
  4. External HD Bitlocker partition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HD Bitlocker partition.: I have an external hard drive with 2 partitions. One is protected with Bitlocker. Every time I connect the hard drive to a computer there information of the locked partition appears, hides it self behind other windows and I have to look for it an press the particular OK key...
  5. External HD Bitlocker partition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HD Bitlocker partition.: I have an external hard drive with 2 partitions. One is protected with Bitlocker. Every time I connect the hard drive to a computer there information of the locked partition appears, hides it self behind other windows and I have to look for it an press the particular OK key...
  6. BITLOCKER EXTERNAL HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BITLOCKER EXTERNAL HD: just spent $1000 restoring an old E-HD that turns out to actually be locked by bitlocker I have no memory of setting this god aweful program up on an old computer 10 years ago. Now there's no way to access this drive even after rescuing the data - there is no Password or...
  7. BitLocker locked my external hard drive by itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker locked my external hard drive by itself: On several occasions, after removing an old drive, the drive gets locked by "Bitlocker" even though the user did not activate "Bitlocker" any solution? thx...
  8. Access a Bitlocker encrypted system drive as external drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access a Bitlocker encrypted system drive as external drive: I am getting rid of a desktop with a bitlocker encrypted C drive. I want to physically remove that drive and have access to it from another pc via external usb dock or enclosire Bitlocker question: Do I need to decrypt it first ? I was thinking with the key or the password...
  9. Access a Bitlocker encrypted system drive as external drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Access a Bitlocker encrypted system drive as external drive: I am getting rid of a desktop with a bitlocker encrypted C drive. I want to physically remove that drive and have access to it from another pc via external usb dock or enclosire Bitlocker question: Do I need to decrypt it first ? I was thinking with the key or the password...
  10. System locked external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System locked external hard drive: Hello, I locked the Pictures folder on my external hard drive using Windows (drive X for this purpose). I believe I used the Security tab on the folder and SYSTEM locked it...basically making it so that if that drive X was not connected to my PC, that folder was...