Windows 10: External HD keeps going to sleep

Discus and support External HD keeps going to sleep in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use backblaze but recently it is always going to sleep so it can not back up, how can I stop my lap top from going to sleep. I have my Power & sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jferrerphoto, Oct 10, 2021.

1. External HD keeps going to sleep

I use backblaze but recently it is always going to sleep so it can not back up, how can I stop my lap top from going to sleep. I have my Power & sleep mode to never and I have unchecked the dialog boxes for the USB controllers

:)

jferrerphoto, Oct 10, 2021

2. External HD Connection Problem

I have attached an external HD to my computer running Windows 10 and it will not show up in my drive list. The properties shows it as Seagate.ink - what is an ink file and any suggestions as to how I can get it to work?

ColleenTreacy, Oct 10, 2021
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    EXTERNAL HD

Hello,

To better assist you with connecting your external Hard Drive to your device, we appreciate it if you can answer the following questions:

• Have you checked the status of the drive in Device Manager?
    • Have you tried updating the driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest running Microsoft easy fix by going to this link:

Find and fix problems with devices and hardware

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Oct 10, 2021
  4. External HD keeps going to sleep

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 10, 2021
Thema:

External HD keeps going to sleep

1. External HD keeps going to sleep - Similar Threads - External keeps going

2. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer keeps going to sleep: When typing and press the space bar and some lower keys the computer goes to sleep. This is a new computer and out of the box it had this problem but after updating the problem was resolved. But then after installing the latest version of Windows 10 feature update the problem...
  3. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer keeps going to sleep: When typing and press the space bar and some lower keys the computer goes to sleep. This is a new computer and out of the box it had this problem but after updating the problem was resolved. But then after installing the latest version of Windows 10 feature update the problem...
  4. computer keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Computer keeps going to "sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps going to "sleep: Started tonight, all three of my monitors show no signal detected and then go to sleep mode. Computer seems to keep running but will not wake up. Have to do a hard restart to get it back up. Runnings Windows 10 Pro, updated with current MB bios versions, temps are fine, no...
  6. Touchpad keeps going to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad keeps going to sleep.: It will randomly goto sleep. Usually when im typing, but not always just when typing. occasionally it will reactivate as intended immediately after, but most of the time, it will stay asleep for upto 3-5 seconds of me clicking and sliding on the touchpad. Is there a way to...
  7. External HD keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HD keeps going to sleep: I use backblaze but recently it is always going to sleep so it can not back up, how can I stop my lap top from going to sleep. I have my Power & sleep mode to never and I have unchecked the dialog boxes for the USB controllers...
  8. External HD keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HD keeps going to sleep: I use backblaze but recently it is always going to sleep so it can not back up, how can I stop my lap top from going to sleep. I have my Power & sleep mode to never and I have unchecked the dialog boxes for the USB controllers...
  9. USB external HDD keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB external HDD keeps going to sleep: I have a ThinkPad X1 6 gen for specs Currently I have a USB external HDD that keeps going to sleep. When I go to power options, there is no options for usb power however looking online I see that there should be. I've tried running some CMD commands I found online to restore...
  10. Sleep Mode And External HD's ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode And External HD's ?: Hello, Running W10. When, after no usage for a while, I have programmed the pc to "go to sleep," do any other external HD's I have plugged into a USB port (for backups, etc.) also turn off ? Fully ? Thanks, Bob 131540