Windows 10: External HD on Smart TV networking

Discus and support External HD on Smart TV networking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there i was wondering you can help me. On my PC, i have setup an external hard drive so it is visible on a network and accessible via a smart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AntJac, Feb 1, 2021.

1. AntJac Win User

External HD on Smart TV networking

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Hi there i was wondering you can help me. On my PC, i have setup an external hard drive so it is visible on a network and accessible via a smart hisense TV. Normally it works great but the past few days i have noticed that if i am watching something via the TV on my external hard drive and during that time, i put on another file or files on the hard drive, it is not viewable or accessible until i manually refresh the folder via the TV settings and clicking on the shared folder. Normally any files that are added on are viewable straightaway without doing this.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Please can you advise?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Thanks[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Anthony[/COLOR]

:)

AntJac, Feb 1, 2021

2. Smart TV

I have a smart TV connected to my network. It seems that every time I turn on my TV windows will list it as a new device. I regularly have to delete all these Smart TV devices, since after a period of time I can have up to 50 device listing for my TV.
    Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

SownLeader304, Feb 1, 2021
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    NetworK Amp and Smart TV

Hi,

I would suggest you to use your favorite search engine and check for the Amp which support Windows 10 on the network.

Today's generation most of the TV's are Smart TV. However, we are not in to the position to recommend you which smart TV is suitable for you, you can search the same using your favorite search engine and check.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Komou Poji.

KomouPoji, Feb 1, 2021
  4. External HD on Smart TV networking

Smart TV

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your Smart TV?
    • Have you tried checking with your Smart TV's manufacturer if there were any available firmware updates?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

External HD on Smart TV networking

1. External HD on Smart TV networking - Similar Threads - External Smart networking

2. Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart TV: The teacher is using a laptop and SMART TV. She can see her screen on the TV and the icons she requires in the taskbar but when she clicks on them they do not open on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-tv/022df5a5-d0f2-4995-8398-f4542a313951
  3. Smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart TV: The teacher is using a laptop and SMART TV. She can see her screen on the TV and the icons she requires in the taskbar but when she clicks on them they do not open on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-tv/022df5a5-d0f2-4995-8398-f4542a313951
  4. Smart TV

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. smart tv

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart tv: Hi I am a bit worried! I saw this by accident when looking around. I live in a 1 up 1 down flat. Because downstairs did not use the internet much and did not have internet, I let him use mine when he needed to. Which I didnt mind, hes over 50 and not a gamer etc on...
  6. Smart TV/External HD help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Smart TV/External HD help: Hi there i was wondering you can help me. On my PC, i have setup an external hardrive so it is visible on a network and accesible via a smart hisense TV. Normally it works great but the past few days i have noticed that if i am watching something via the TV on my external...
  7. External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised: Hi , i have used external HD to record programs on my samsung tv. I recently got a new one which is 1TB using NTFS system. Same as the old one but more storage . It is not recognised by the tv ? It works ok in my laptop . I've run scan disk ,no errors. I tried formatting into...
  8. External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised

in Windows 10 Support
    External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised: Hi , i have used external HD to record programs on my samsung tv. I recently got a new one which is 1TB using NTFS system. Same as the old one but more storage . It is not recognised by the tv ? It works ok in my laptop . I've run scan disk ,no errors. I tried formatting into...
  9. Pc doesn't recognize smart tv on network

Pc doesn't recognize smart tv on network: My desktop is connected to frontier internet. Phone line connects to netgear 7550 modem/router. Ethernet cable goes from 7550 modem to pc. My pc works fine, only slow because of poor frontier internet. Another ethernet cable goes from 7550 modem to lan input on panasonic...
  10. WD TV Live - External HD no longer showing in Windows 10 Network

WD TV Live - External HD no longer showing in Windows 10 Network: Hello everyone, I have a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player. There is a WD My Passport external hard drive attached to it via USB. Until last week, I could connect via my windows 10 network to the my passport and transfer files from my laptop directly to the My...