Windows 10: External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised

Discus and support External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , i have used external HD to record programs on my samsung tv. I recently got a new one which is 1TB using NTFS system. Same as the old one but more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fileman, Dec 13, 2020.

1. fileman Win User

External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised

Hi , i have used external HD to record programs on my samsung tv. I recently got a new one which is 1TB using NTFS system. Same as the old one but more storage . It is not recognised by the tv ? It works ok in my laptop . I've run scan disk ,no errors. I tried formatting into Fat32 and ex Fat,still did not work. Any thoughts please.

:)

fileman, Dec 13, 2020

2. Smart TV

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your Smart TV?
    • Have you tried checking with your Smart TV's manufacturer if there were any available firmware updates?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Miracast with Smart TV problem

Hi Levan,

You may need to update the Wireless card adapter of your computer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and then hit enter.
    • Click Network Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Wireless Adapter, and then click Update Driver Software.

If the issue persists, you may contact the manufacturer of your Smart TV for tips and troubleshooting steps on the TV's end.

Regards.

Monica Cam, Dec 13, 2020
  4. External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised

Smart TV

I have a smart TV connected to my network. It seems that every time I turn on my TV windows will list it as a new device. I regularly have to delete all these Smart TV devices, since after a period of time I can have up to 50 device listing for my TV.
    Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

SownLeader304, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised

1. External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised - Similar Threads - External smart problem

2. Smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart TV: The teacher is using a laptop and SMART TV. She can see her screen on the TV and the icons she requires in the taskbar but when she clicks on them they do not open on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-tv/022df5a5-d0f2-4995-8398-f4542a313951
  3. Smart TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Smart TV: The teacher is using a laptop and SMART TV. She can see her screen on the TV and the icons she requires in the taskbar but when she clicks on them they do not open on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-tv/022df5a5-d0f2-4995-8398-f4542a313951
  4. smart tv

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart tv: Hi I am a bit worried! I saw this by accident when looking around. I live in a 1 up 1 down flat. Because downstairs did not use the internet much and did not have internet, I let him use mine when he needed to. Which I didnt mind, hes over 50 and not a gamer etc on...
  5. Smart TV/External HD help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Smart TV/External HD help: Hi there i was wondering you can help me. On my PC, i have setup an external hardrive so it is visible on a network and accesible via a smart hisense TV. Normally it works great but the past few days i have noticed that if i am watching something via the TV on my external...
  6. External HD on Smart TV networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HD on Smart TV networking: Hi there i was wondering you can help me. On my PC, i have setup an external hard drive so it is visible on a network and accessible via a smart hisense TV. Normally it works great but the past few days i have noticed that if i am watching something via the TV on my external...
  7. External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised: Hi , i have used external HD to record programs on my samsung tv. I recently got a new one which is 1TB using NTFS system. Same as the old one but more storage . It is not recognised by the tv ? It works ok in my laptop . I've run scan disk ,no errors. I tried formatting into...
  8. Smart TV getting recognised as Generic PnP Monitor

Smart TV getting recognised as Generic PnP Monitor: I have a non big brand 4k 60hz refresh rate 55" smart tv attached as 1 of 4 monitors. The PC recognizes it as a generic PnP monitor with a 2006 driver version. I have tried to update drivers to no avail, have also tried the step of selecting a driver from the windows list...
  9. My External HD no longer recognised

My External HD no longer recognised: 4tb harddrive I used to use on my Xbox. I now plug in my computer and my laptop. It does the noise to say it's recognised. And even forms up with the safely eject icon. With open device and printers and eject BUP RD I open device and printers - it's on my devices -...
  10. Seagate drive not being recognised by smart TV and pc sometimes too

Seagate drive not being recognised by smart TV and pc sometimes too: Seagate drive not being recognised by smart tv and pc sometimes too. Drivers are updated in device manager. I don't know what's happening. Tried different ports on TV too still the same. Help would be greatly appreciated. 65298