Windows 10: External HD

Discus and support External HD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1. I have a external HD that is compatible with windows 7 or 8. When I upgrade to windows 10 will I still be able to use it? 2. Can I download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by novelist11, Aug 13, 2015.

1. External HD

1. I have a external HD that is compatible with windows 7 or 8. When I upgrade to windows 10 will I still be able to use it?

2. Can I download windows 10 ISO to a external HD and then install windows 10 right off of that same external HD?

:)

novelist11, Aug 13, 2015

2. external external hd

hi just want to know if there is a way to prevent access to my external HD on guest user please help

walterreyessk, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    external external hd

Kindly send us a screenshot of the window where you see those options. This can help us compare what we are seeing upon reproducing your concern.

We are looking forward to your response.

Ma. Lau, Aug 13, 2015
  4. External HD

Thank you because I thought I would have to go out and buy a new external HD that was compatible with windows 10.

novelist11, Aug 13, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Aug 13, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I've got 6 or 7 externals made from hard drives from upgraded desktop and laptops that have been stuffed into cheap USB enclosures from Ebay. All mine work with Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

External HD

1. External HD - Similar Threads - External

2. Unable to eject external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to eject external hard drive: My new computer came with a previous version of windows 10 home a couple weeks ago. I had to download the newer version of Windows 10 in order to use the newest versions of Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. Not long after downloading this I started to notice that I was unable...
  3. File Explorer show different size for external HDD than does Disk Management

File Explorer show different size for external HDD than does Disk Management: Disk management shows external L drive with 931.32 GB, but when I look at it in File Explorer, it only shows 453 GB. The disk previously had three partitions Mac, Linux and Windows. I used parted in Linux to delete the two non-NTFS partitions and expand the NTFS partition...
  4. Windows 10 won't recognize Toshiba 3.0 usb external hard drive. PLEASE ADVISE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't recognize Toshiba 3.0 usb external hard drive. PLEASE ADVISE: After 7/19 Win 10 Update, I lost access/use of my Toshiba external hard drive. Since this problem's current responses are from 2-4 yrs. ago, I was wondering if a fix was discovered. Anything? Anyone?...
  5. Access Denied to any external drive

Access Denied to any external drive: Hi, Whenever I connect an usb or harddrive, my laptop gives me a "location not found: access denied" error. For my external harddrive I have tried everything I could find on the internet, I tried to take ownership, by going to the security tab and changing the owner to...
  6. Does Groove Music copy files from an external hard drive to the pc automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Groove Music copy files from an external hard drive to the pc automatically?: Hello, I just started using Groove and I have all of my music on an external hard drive MyCloud. When i right click the song in Groove, it says the location is still on mycloud, but it just took over 4 hours to add all of my music. Why would it take this long if it isn't...
  7. Create System Image of External Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create System Image of External Drive: My mother's Dell 5566 laptop died mid-use last week - pretty sure it's the mobo. She hasn't backed up recently so she wants to do that before she takes it in to get fixed I'm working on it with her remotely. Got her a SATA cable to check it using another laptop and it's...
  8. mixing external and internal DNS servers for ad joined machines

mixing external and internal DNS servers for ad joined machines: Hi I have a question. Many of our clients have only one DC. Is it better to use external DNS ISP,or google as the secondary DNS server for AD-joined machines or set up a conditional forwarder in the firewall and set the DNS server as the firewall's IP. In the later...
  9. won't boot with external hdd plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    won't boot with external hdd plugged in: My Dell insiron desktop will not boot when I have my usb external hdd plugged in. When I was on Win7, this wasn't a problem because I would unplug it when restarting after doing Windows updates. Now that Win10 pro 64 automatically updates and restarts my computer on its own,...
  10. BUGCODE USB3 DRIVER, using windows on external ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BUGCODE USB3 DRIVER, using windows on external ssd: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jemmy7776 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f42sri/bugcode_usb3_driver_using_windows_on_external_ssd/