Windows 10: External HD

Discus and support External HD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; External HD is recognized but does not appear in My Computer on Windows 10 PRO system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mark Treeby, Jul 14, 2020.

1. External HD

External HD is recognized but does not appear in My Computer on Windows 10 PRO system

:)

Mark Treeby, Jul 14, 2020

2. External HD Connection Problem

I have attached an external HD to my computer running Windows 10 and it will not show up in my drive list. The properties shows it as Seagate.ink - what is an ink file and any suggestions as to how I can get it to work?

ColleenTreacy, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    EXTERNAL HD

Hello,

To better assist you with connecting your external Hard Drive to your device, we appreciate it if you can answer the following questions:

• Have you checked the status of the drive in Device Manager?
    • Have you tried updating the driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest running Microsoft easy fix by going to this link:

Find and fix problems with devices and hardware

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Clark Ari Win User

External HD

Bad External HD???

Hi Tom,

The error that you received when trying to connect or access data to an external hard drive can be caused due to the following:

• Corrupted USB driver is unstable or corrupted.
    • Important Windows Update is missing.
    • USB controllers are corrupted or unstable.
    • Your external drive may be entering selective suspend.
    • Motherboard needs to update its drivers.

In order for us to troubleshoot your concern, we recommend that you follow the steps provided on this article:
    Error: “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive.
    The article will be able to provide you with the steps that you'll need to perform in order to resolve this issue.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Clark Ari, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

External HD

1. External HD - Similar Threads - External

2. Can I sync time on windows startup no external software?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I sync time on windows startup no external software?: I want to to sync my time automatically when windows boots, because otherwise I'd have to do it manually every time I boot into windows.I'm looking for a way to do it using windows itself only, no external software....
  3. Is virus scanning an external hard drive more effective than scanning your computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is virus scanning an external hard drive more effective than scanning your computer?: I know that scanning your computer when infected is next to useless for detecting malware. I have heard that connecting a clean computer to the infected computer to scan is more useful for detecting malware, does this concept also apply with external hard drives? Will I be...
  4. Search function for external memory card doesn't find search terms within documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search function for external memory card doesn't find search terms within documents: On my laptop I store most of my files on an external memory card. The issue is as follows: When I perform a windows search for a keyword in documents on my internal hard drive, it finds all files that contain this word anywhere in the document, but when I perform the search...
  5. external hard drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive not recognized: i recentley came accross a hard drive i had from and old Acer laptop, i think it had windows 7 or 8 on it, so i bought a SATA to USB 3.0, 2.5 inc case and plugged it in to the mac that i have been using for 3 years now, in finder there it was marked Acer open it up and could...
  6. External HDD visible in "Devices and Printers" but not recognised in Windows Explorer -...

External HDD visible in "Devices and Printers" but not recognised in Windows Explorer -...: External HDD is Not Detecting. But External HDD visible in "Devices and Printers" but not recognised in Windows Explorer - Windows 10 64 bit. It visible Disk Manager Disk Drives and It doesn't show in Disk Management.Please help me....
  7. How to find formatted date for external hard disk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to find formatted date for external hard disk?: How to find formatted date for external hard disk for exFAT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-formatted-date-for-external-hard-disk/f58a9a65-cf09-499b-8022-b37b816430a2
  8. Windows 10 Won't Recognize External Hard Drives

Windows 10 Won't Recognize External Hard Drives: We have just purchased a desktop unit and a touchscreen laptop with Windows 10. I tried to plug in external hard drives I had on the old computers but they are not recognized by the new computers. Both of the computers have received all Windows Updates. I have downloaded the...
  9. External Hard Drives Not Recognized

External Hard Drives Not Recognized: We have just purchased a desktop unit and a touchscreen laptop and in both cases the external hard drives that were attached are no longer recognized by the new computers. Both of the computers have received all Windows Updates. I have downloaded the driver software and...
  10. Does scanning an external hard drive for viruses delete data?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does scanning an external hard drive for viruses delete data?: I have an external hard drive that I know has some viruses on it in the files I transferred. I'm wondering if I scan the drive for viruses will it delete my personal data? Do viruses attach to other files or are they separate files hidden within the folders of your personal...