Windows 10: External HDD (bitlocker enabled) appears as not initialized after restart from windows 10...

Discus and support External HDD (bitlocker enabled) appears as not initialized after restart from windows 10... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I was working on my pc normally (window 10 x64), I restarted my pc, when I logged in, my external hard disk drive (western digital 4tb) which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hassan Ayoub, May 30, 2019.

1. External HDD (bitlocker enabled) appears as not initialized after restart from windows 10...

Hello,

I was working on my pc normally (window 10 x64), I restarted my pc, when I logged in, my external hard disk drive (western digital 4tb) which is bit-locker enabled didnt appear. I clicked on disk management, it tells me that the disk management it shows that the hard drive is not initialized!!!

What to do to recover my files?

Note: I have the bit-locker password, but if i initialize it i am sure that i cant recover data due to my bit-locker encryption.

Please any help?

Thx

:)

Hassan Ayoub, May 30, 2019

2. BitLocker won't enable on Windows 10 after update on Aug 9

Hi Brenda,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before I assist you I would like to know the information below,

• Do you have a Windows 10 copy of the operating system?

I suggest you check whether the Bit locker is ON or OFF using the steps below.

Can you verify if BitLocker is enabled or disabled on your device? You can Enable/disable BitLocker by going to Desktop and follow these steps:

• Swipe Right to Left to bring up the Charm.

• Choose Settings.

• Choose Control Panel.

• Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Verify whether BitLocker is on or off on each device.
    Also I suggest you to enable the WinRE so that you can enter the bit locker key and proceed.

When WinRE is disabled, you cannot enable BitLocker, and you receive an error message that resembles the following.

This PC doesn't support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask your administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use BitLocker.

The solution would be to manually enable the windows recovery environment:

• Copying the winre.wim file from c:\windows\system32\recovery\ to a folder on a recovery partition. (The partition need to have a drive letter at this point.)

• Set the RE Image path. Example: reagentc /setreimage /path r:\recovery\windowsre

• Enable RE with command: reagentc /enable

• (You may remove the drive letter for the recovery partition after you have done this.)

• Bit locker will be enabled.
    If the issue still persists, suggest you to post your query on the below link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507(v=ws.11).aspx

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, May 30, 2019
  3. jteo90 Win User
    Remove BitLocker from my external HDD

Hi everyone. I'll go straight to the point. Is it possible to remove BitLocker encryption on my external HDD?

Someone encrypted my external HDD which contains 100GB of important work related documents. I have the password so I'm still able to view the files on the HDD, but I want to remove the BitLocker encryption because I suspect it's causing problems. Every time
    I try to cut/copy files in or out of the HDD, the transfer progress will just get stuck halfway, and my Windows Explorer will stop responding/crash.

I really don't want to lose that 100GB, or I'm going to get fired. At the same, this HDD is as good as trash if I can't transfer files in and out of it.

Can someone please save me?

jteo90, May 30, 2019
  4. External HDD (bitlocker enabled) appears as not initialized after restart from windows 10...

hdd not initialized

Hi,

is it a new HDD? Internal or external? New internal HDDs need to be initialized manually thru Disk management.

Igor Leyko, May 30, 2019
Thema:

External HDD (bitlocker enabled) appears as not initialized after restart from windows 10...

1. External HDD (bitlocker enabled) appears as not initialized after restart from windows 10... - Similar Threads - External HDD bitlocker

2. Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10: Hello,I cannot initialize any external hard disk drive on Windows 10, but the flash drive works without problems. The hard disk drive works without a problem on another PC with Windows 10.The problem started to appear when I attached a VHDX disk and set the Windows Boot...
  3. Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10: Hello,I cannot initialize any external hard disk drive on Windows 10, but the flash drive works without problems. The hard disk drive works without a problem on another PC with Windows 10.The problem started to appear when I attached a VHDX disk and set the Windows Boot...
  4. Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. After connect external hdd Bitlocker ask key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After connect external hdd Bitlocker ask key: Hello. I have a laptop HP Probook with installed 2 OS on it: Windows 10 Pro and Ubuntu 20.04. All partition was encrypted by default. Selecting OS managed by GRUB, and there was no problem for today:I turned on my laptop and decided to run Windows, but it asked me for a...
  6. After connect external hdd Bitlocker ask key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After connect external hdd Bitlocker ask key: Hello. I have a laptop HP Probook with installed 2 OS on it: Windows 10 Pro and Ubuntu 20.04. All partition was encrypted by default. Selecting OS managed by GRUB, and there was no problem for today:I turned on my laptop and decided to run Windows, but it asked me for a...
  7. After connect external hdd Bitlocker ask key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. External HDD not Initializing, Not in "This PC", Need Recovery!

External HDD not Initializing, Not in "This PC", Need Recovery!: Last night I was copying files from External HDD over to my computer. It was a very long process and in my sleepy state I put my computer to sleep during the copying. When I logged back in the following morning the copy process appeared paused but when I went to restart...
  9. How to initialize external HDD??

How to initialize external HDD??: I have a 500gb external HD USB and it has data on it that I need cause the drive doesnt not show up now. I went into my computer management and disk 1 says not initialize. When I try to initialize to GPT it says the drive is too small. Now before all this happened I had...
  10. How to initialize external HDD??

How to initialize external HDD??: Since I put vmWare 10 on my laptop , my external HDD wont initialize. it says its there but when i try to initialize it tells me my drive is too small for GPT, Its 500gb. When I installed VMWare i might have had the external connected and i believe i opted for to split...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker windows10 external initialize