Windows 10: External HDD cannot read/write after power failure

Discus and support External HDD cannot read/write after power failure in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; after a power stop a second, my external hard disk drive 5T cannot be read/write, File Explorer displace the drive but cannot get into. But I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jo91612961, Sep 25, 2019.

1. External HDD cannot read/write after power failure

after a power stop a second, my external hard disk drive 5T cannot be read/write, File Explorer displace the drive but cannot get into. But I can read/write via Apple I/O.

:)

jo91612961, Sep 25, 2019

2. External HDD cannot read/write after power failure

after a power stop a second, my external hard disk drive 5T cannot be read/write, File Explorer displace the drive but cannot get into. But I can read/write via Apple I/O.

jo91612961, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 27, 2019
  4. External HDD cannot read/write after power failure

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Has MS solved the slow HDD read and write problems on Win 10? Is there an official fix for this?

Kristian Lyngshede Lund, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

External HDD cannot read/write after power failure

1. External HDD cannot read/write after power failure - Similar Threads - External HDD cannot

2. External HDD unable to read or write anything on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD unable to read or write anything on it: I've recently bought a 2TB Toshiba Hard drive and i am unable to use it.Every time i try to save anything to it or open anything on it, my whole PC becomes unresponsive. Even if it is just plugged in it stop me from using programs on my PC until i unplug it again and...
  3. External HDD unable to read or write anything on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HDD unable to read or write anything on it: I've recently bought a 2TB Toshiba Hard drive and i am unable to use it.Every time i try to save anything to it or open anything on it, my whole PC becomes unresponsive. Even if it is just plugged in it stop me from using programs on my PC until i unplug it again and...
  4. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds: Hello to everyone Let me explain the problem as follows: The hdd read and write speeds I plugged into the cnddy slot are very bad, there was no such problem before, then there was such a problem, how can I solve it 178342
  5. Write access denied on External HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Write access denied on External HDD: When I try to copy anything to my WD passport external HDD, it says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file" and when I click continue, it just asks me to try again. But this does not happen when I boot in safe mode. Here's what I've tried so far:...
  6. New External SSD, Low Read/Write

New External SSD, Low Read/Write: Okay so, I just got a brand new Samsung 860 EVO SSD today. I decided to go with an external setup as it requires less hassle, and while I don't expect the fastest performance in doing so, I am getting absolutely ABYSMAL speeds. Not even half of the Seq Read/Write of my 4 year...
  7. Slow HDD read and write speeds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow HDD read and write speeds: Has MS solved the slow HDD read and write problems on Win 10? Is there an official fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-hdd-read-and-write-speeds/ef724e8b-5a8d-46f7-9e41-8073d3692146
  8. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds: I have a TOSHIBA 1TB HDD which is inside a caddy. When I copy a file from the HDD, the copying starts from 20mb/s to 0KB to Calculating and eventually, the explorer crashes. I open Task Manager and the Disk shows at 100%. But when I plug in another 320GB HITACHI drive, the...
  9. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

in Windows 10 Support
    HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds: I have a TOSHIBA 1TB HDD which is inside a caddy. When I copy a file from the HDD, the copying starts from 20mb/s to 0KB to Calculating and eventually, the explorer crashes. I open Task Manager and the Disk shows at 100%. But when I plug in another 320GB HITACHI drive, the...
  10. Insanely slow HDD random read/write

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Insanely slow HDD random read/write: I'm playing tech support for a relative, and her (ASUS K53E) laptop SATA HDD has insanely slow random read/write. Sequential r/w is around 74 MB/s, which seems fine, but random is around 1 MB/s. Hard disk health is fine according to S.M.A.R.T. Win10 1709 Pro x64. Pentium...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdd check volt read speed low