Windows 10: External HDD disconnects when writing to it mid-way

Discus and support External HDD disconnects when writing to it mid-way in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having this issue that when I plug my usb 3.0 external HDD (Hitachi hts547550A9E384 SATA-300 in a WD Elements SE Portable HDD enclosure) to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Muhammad Usama_9, Sep 6, 2018.

1. External HDD disconnects when writing to it mid-way

I've been having this issue that when I plug my usb 3.0 external HDD (Hitachi hts547550A9E384 SATA-300 in a WD Elements SE Portable HDD enclosure) to a usb 3.0 port, the copy fails mid way and shows either "Error: 0x8007045D", "Error: 0x80070037" or just a dialog box which says that the destination doesn't exist. However, on the usb 2.0 port the copy successfully executes. I've tried other USB 3.0 ports. I've tried checking the hdd for bad sectors and a "sfc scannow" but that didn't help. The external hdd works fine on my other computer with usb 3.0 port. Please help. Thanks!

:)

Muhammad Usama_9, Sep 6, 2018
  2. dermy Win User

External HDDs

Hi i had a seagate freeagent (external) which stopped working so i bought another enclosure and the hdd kept disconnecting/reconnecting in windows 8.1, so i boht another enclosure and also the same thing. Iv tried a different hdd and all hdds work perfectly when plugged directly into sata ports on the board, are there any other steps i can try or do you think iv just been unlucky with enclosures?

dermy, Sep 6, 2018
  3. rivre Win User
    chkdsk report cut off mid-way?

Any reason chkdsk cut off mid-way through the report? Is this normal when there's lots of corrupted files? Whats the point of a report if it's cut off mid-way? It starts listing the files one by one then cuts off mid-way through the list.

rivre, Sep 6, 2018
  4. External HDD disconnects when writing to it mid-way

external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

External HDD disconnects when writing to it mid-way

1. External HDD disconnects when writing to it mid-way - Similar Threads - External HDD disconnects

2. network disconnected mid game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network disconnected mid game: when ever i play online games like valorant, league of legends or genshin impact, my wifi gets disconnected during the game and the option of wifi is not accessible neither can i connect to other wifi. my wifi is good and there is no problem with it. i can comfortably use...
  3. External HDD unable to read or write anything on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD unable to read or write anything on it: I've recently bought a 2TB Toshiba Hard drive and i am unable to use it.Every time i try to save anything to it or open anything on it, my whole PC becomes unresponsive. Even if it is just plugged in it stop me from using programs on my PC until i unplug it again and...
  4. External HDD unable to read or write anything on it

External HDD unable to read or write anything on it: I've recently bought a 2TB Toshiba Hard drive and i am unable to use it.Every time i try to save anything to it or open anything on it, my whole PC becomes unresponsive. Even if it is just plugged in it stop me from using programs on my PC until i unplug it again and...
  5. External HDD keeps disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD keeps disconnecting randomly: Out of no where, my HDD has started disconnecting itself a few minutes after it is plugged and requires me to manually turn the external drive on and off if I want to use it again.What i've triedRestarting my PCNot using the HDD under stressful conditions and using better...
  6. External HDD keeps disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD keeps disconnecting randomly: Out of no where, my HDD has started disconnecting itself a few minutes after it is plugged and requires me to manually turn the external drive on and off if I want to use it again.What i've triedRestarting my PCNot using the HDD under stressful conditions and using better...
  7. External HDD keeps disconnecting randomly

8. My 4TB external Seagate HDD suddenly became RAW mid repair-bde for another external HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My 4TB external Seagate HDD suddenly became RAW mid repair-bde for another external HDD: Hi, sorry for the quite long post as the issue is quite complex. I was trying to recover data from another smaller external HDD (Toshiba 700 GB) into this brand new 4TB Seagate external HDD. Both are Bitlocker encrypted, the Toshiba 700 GB is RAW and the Seagate HDD in...
  9. Write access denied on External HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Write access denied on External HDD: When I try to copy anything to my WD passport external HDD, it says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file" and when I click continue, it just asks me to try again. But this does not happen when I boot in safe mode. Here's what I've tried so far:...
  10. External USB HDD not disconnecting properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External USB HDD not disconnecting properly: In W10.1607 x86 when I eject a External USB HDD, it does not Power Down, I mean the Eject Procedure is not being totally finished. The Safe to Eject message appears but the light on HDD stays on and if I pull it out I can listen the Motor spinning down. That is it not good,...