Windows 10: External HDD I used on Mac won't show up in Win10, can't transfer files...

Discus and support External HDD I used on Mac won't show up in Win10, can't transfer files... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. So i've recently sold my Macbook Pro 15" 2017, and I transfered all my files I had on it, especially some multimedia which has a huge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nunonunes097, Jul 19, 2020.

1. External HDD I used on Mac won't show up in Win10, can't transfer files...

Hello. So i've recently sold my Macbook Pro 15" 2017, and I transfered all my files I had on it, especially some multimedia which has a huge sentimental value to me, to an external hard drive from Western Digital.

Now I want to put those files in my new Win10 computer's SSD, but the external HDD won't even show up in 'My Computer' when I plug it in (though it's working because it turns on).

I really really don't want to lose those files but every suggestion I see on google tells me I have to format the drive to NTFS, so that way I can make it compatible with Win10, but in which case I will loose all the files I already have in it, which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

Any way I can transfer the files to my computer without risking loosing them all, please?

Thank you for the help in advance.

PS: It shows up in the device manager as seen in these screenshots. Thank you once again.

submitted by /u/nunonunes097
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nunonunes097, Jul 19, 2020

2. Shared external hdd not showing up

I've also created a new HomeGroup to use and it's operating and sharing files from my computer, but it doesn't help to have the external hdd show up

EvanPurcell, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Shared external hdd not showing up

Hello, I've just switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with the Windows Update digital download of the OS. I'm having an odd problem with it as when I go to Network and look there are most of the other PCs visible there (not all of them are on currently),
    however, my external HDD that is broadcast via the WDTV device isn't showing up...it shows up and I'm literally transferring files to it on my other Windows 7 PC.

I've also tried troubleshooting it via the automated Windows process with no results. Even going so far as to put in the directory of the hdd and it didn't manage to find it. Any advice? I really hope I don't have to reinstall Windows 10...however I'd go
    about that at this stage.

EvanPurcell, Jul 19, 2020
  4. External HDD I used on Mac won't show up in Win10, can't transfer files...

File Transfer from Mac to Windows

I recently purchased a Seagate Backup Plus for Mac in order to transfer my files from a mac to a windows 10 tablet. When I plugged in the external to the tablet to start transferring, nothing pops up. The light on the external appears for a few seconds then
    nothing. What can I do to have this transfer properly so I don't lose any files?

Thankfully, I haven't erased any files off the Mac yet just in case something happens where this type of transfer wont work.

Thank you.

RyanYeater, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

External HDD I used on Mac won't show up in Win10, can't transfer files...

1. External HDD I used on Mac won't show up in Win10, can't transfer files... - Similar Threads - External HDD used

2. Issue with my External HDD not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with my External HDD not showing up: Hello, I have tested my external HDD on two separate Windows 10 devices family members, and the external HDD works fine on both of them. My PC however, does not recognize the HDD. I hear the HDD start to spin, as well as the little indication light turn on, but it doesn't...
  3. File Explorer will not show External HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer will not show External HDD: I have the latest updated windows 10 and I'm trying to access an External HDD that I was able to format for reuse. However, it will not show in file explorer. I've experimented and found that it does show in Disk Management and Device Manager, but I'm unable to access in...
  4. External HDD Transfer Problem

External HDD Transfer Problem: Hello! I am facing some issue with my External HDD FAT32. The problem is whenever I try to to copy something file to my HDD it says "You'll need to provide administer permission to copy this folder", when I click "Continue", it again says "You need permission to perform...
  5. External HDD Transfer Problem

External HDD Transfer Problem: Hello! I am facing some issue with my External HDD FAT32. The problem is whenever I try to to copy something file to my HDD it says "You'll need to provide administer permission to copy this folder", when I click "Continue", it again says "You need permission to perform...
  6. External HDD not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External HDD not showing up in disk management: My 1TB external Seagate HDD is being detected in device manger, but I cannot see it on disk management. When I connect it, it beeps 5 times, no matter which port I use submitted by /u/vininhosts [link] [comments]...
  7. XBOX 360 external HDD won't show up...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX 360 external HDD won't show up...?: Just had a marvellous idea, plugging in an old external HDD onto my old XBOX360. Formatted it in FAT32, booted up my XBOX but... it won't show up?! (Except the usual storage, 120GB) Plugged in another HDD and that one WOULD show up (but it contains important stuff like...
  8. External HDD not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD not showing up: Good day to all Having some issues with connecting my external HDD to my desktop .Upon connecting to the usb port nothing happens in the file explorer don't show up But looking in the device manager it shows up there and also shows an icon in the task bar next to the clock...
  9. Win10: How to set up external HDD to be used for system image backups

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10: How to set up external HDD to be used for system image backups: How do I set up an external HDD to be used for system image backups? For example, specify how many images to keep, schedule the backup, etc. also, can I use the drive for anything else other than image copies? 20398
  10. External HDD showing twice in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD showing twice in file explorer: My external drive(Samsung) connected via usb3 has started showing twice in file explorer. Opening either shows exactly the same files inside. Screen shot below, I've never tried this so I hope I've done it OK Any help with removing the "imposter" would be appreciated....