Windows 10: External HDD is recognized but cannot be viewed on the windows explorer

Discus and support External HDD is recognized but cannot be viewed on the windows explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I need help with my Externeal HDD (seagate 1TB), I havent used my HDD for more than a month now. When i plug it in, it lights up, reconized on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ian Jeremy Panergo, Apr 29, 2019.

1. External HDD is recognized but cannot be viewed on the windows explorer

Hi,

I need help with my Externeal HDD (seagate 1TB), I havent used my HDD for more than a month now.

When i plug it in, it lights up, reconized on the task bar on the lower right but I cannot access it through explorer or see the files stored inside. (I have previously used this HDD on my laptop)

Tried checking it inside the device manager and i can see it there under Disk Drivers - device is up to date and "Device is working properly"

Thanks in advance for the help, i really need the files stored inside my HDD.

:)

Ian Jeremy Panergo, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Zero Ice Win User

Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

So, I open up My Computer, open my F Drive and boom: "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and must close". It is really annoying! I am fine everywhere else in explorer, but something just screws up when I try the external HDD (USB) or my thumb drive.

Can anyone help?

Zero Ice, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer has try to restart whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in

Windows Explorer has try to restart whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer

landaksparky, Apr 29, 2019
  4. mixa Win User

External HDD is recognized but cannot be viewed on the windows explorer

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

External HDD is recognized but cannot be viewed on the windows explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

External HDD is recognized but cannot be viewed on the windows explorer

1. External HDD is recognized but cannot be viewed on the windows explorer - Similar Threads - External HDD recognized

2. External HDD not recognized: Iomega Prestige.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD not recognized: Iomega Prestige.: Hello all. I'm new here, so forgive me if this is a repeat question. Feel free to refer me to another post from earlier.I have an IOMEGA Prestige, which is perfectly operational. I just finished a Windows 10 reinstall that took forever due to corrupt system files. I stored...
  3. External HDD not recognized: Iomega Prestige.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HDD not recognized: Iomega Prestige.: Hello all. I'm new here, so forgive me if this is a repeat question. Feel free to refer me to another post from earlier.I have an IOMEGA Prestige, which is perfectly operational. I just finished a Windows 10 reinstall that took forever due to corrupt system files. I stored...
  4. External HDD not recognized: Iomega Prestige.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 doesn't recognize external hdd

Windows 10 doesn't recognize external hdd: I have a hdd that I took from my old laptop, and I'm trying to use it as an external hard drive for my new one, but it doesn't recognize it. I'm using a SATA III to USB-C adapter, I can feel and hear it spinning, but after like 15 seconds it stops. [ATTACH] This is what...
  6. External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?

External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?: Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do! Yesterday, all of a sudden, my external HDD (ADATA HV300) stopped working... At first it would completely freeze the File Explorer on Windows 10 and...
  7. External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?: Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do! Yesterday, all of a sudden, my external HDD (ADATA HV300) stopped working... At first it would completely freeze the File Explorer on Windows 10 and...
  8. External hdd not showing in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hdd not showing in explorer: I recently got a new laptop due to the screen on my old one being broken. So in order to save all my files, I popped out the hard drive and stuck it into a USB drive reader. It's powered on, I can hear it spinning. On my new laptop, the drive appears in device manager as well...
  9. External HDD not showing in Explorer

External HDD not showing in Explorer: Hi. I had a problem with my external drive not showing in Windows Explorer. I went into Disk Management and Formatted the drive in there and assigned a drive letter - now it is showing in Explorer. The problem I now have though is that when I try and plug the external drive...
  10. External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10

External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10: As already someone asked years ago (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-ssd-not-recognized-as-ssd-in-windows-10/70716cb4-34a8-475c-8267-c4a5669beeeb) without any positive fix, I'm here to do the same question again. Why my windows 10 pro x64...