Windows 10: External HDD not detected in Windows

Discus and support External HDD not detected in Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In Windows DiskPart say "Status: Invalid". How to fix it without data loss? The same external HDD works fine in Ubuntu but not detected in Windows. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sandi1987, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Sandi1987 Win User

External HDD not detected in Windows

In Windows DiskPart say "Status: Invalid". How to fix it without data loss? The same external HDD works fine in Ubuntu but not detected in Windows. I had this HDD in computer and put it out of my computer because i have now only SSD's in computer.

:)

Sandi1987, Jul 13, 2021
  2. dermy Win User

External HDDs

Hi i had a seagate freeagent (external) which stopped working so i bought another enclosure and the hdd kept disconnecting/reconnecting in windows 8.1, so i boht another enclosure and also the same thing. Iv tried a different hdd and all hdds work perfectly when plugged directly into sata ports on the board, are there any other steps i can try or do you think iv just been unlucky with enclosures?

dermy, Jul 13, 2021
  3. external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jul 13, 2021
  4. External HDD not detected in Windows

How to install Windows 10 on external HDD

Hello,

I have an external HDD. I want to install Windows 10 Enterprise which I have purchased recently.

Please guide me, if possible step by step on how to install Windows 10 on external HDD.

Thanks,

Siddarth Hegde

SidTheGooner, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

External HDD not detected in Windows

1. External HDD not detected in Windows - Similar Threads - External HDD detected

2. External HDD not detecting after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD not detecting after Windows update: After the recent Windows update my HDD stopped getting detected. It had happened once before too but that time I had had to change the idle time and it had gotten fixed. So, I naturally thought that the update must have reset that setting and went and checked. It was fine. I...
  3. External HDD not detecting after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD not detecting after Windows update: After the recent Windows update my HDD stopped getting detected. It had happened once before too but that time I had had to change the idle time and it had gotten fixed. So, I naturally thought that the update must have reset that setting and went and checked. It was fine. I...
  4. External HDD not detecting after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External HDD Momentarily detected b6y Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External HDD Momentarily detected b6y Windows 10: I bought a new 4T WD Element external HDD. My OS is Windows `10 64 bit and my laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 320. When I connect the HDD to the USB3 port the HDD pops up for a few seconds then disappears altogether and no icon can be seen in My PC. Has anybody encountered this...
  6. External HDD not detected in Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD not detected in Windows: In Windows DiskPart say "Status: Invalid". How to fix it without data loss? The same external HDD works fine in Ubuntu but not detected in Windows. I had this HDD in computer and put it out of my computer because i have now only SSD's in computer. 182450
  7. Unable to detect Seagate 4TB External HDD

Unable to detect Seagate 4TB External HDD: Hi I have been trying to plug and unplug the Seagate 4TB External HDD with my Mac Pro which run Windows and was unable to detect my HDD. what is the cause of the problem and how can I recover it? Anyone can help or advice what should I do? Thanks...
  8. Windows detects USB 3.0 external HDD as uninitialized

Windows detects USB 3.0 external HDD as uninitialized: After Anniversary or Creator's update (not too sure which as laptop did not connect to external HDDs for some time), my laptop fails to access all 3 of my external HDDs (500GB WD My Passport, 1TB WD Elements, 2TB My Passport Ultra). All of them can be connected and safely...
  9. External HDD not detected

External HDD not detected: As I got the new Lenovo ideapad Miix 310, I tried to connect my 2.5inch Samsung M3 Portable to it, because I have some installation stuff on it. And while the HDD gets powered up and (usually) listed in Device Manager, it does not show in My Computer. It also doesn't show in...
  10. samsung external hdd drive HM251JI not detected

samsung external hdd drive HM251JI not detected: hello, i have a samsung external 2.5" hdd drive HM251JI worked fine in Vistas, will not work on my new laptop which had windows 8.1 and now windows 10. I plug it into the usb the drive starts up and the blue led is on but it is not detected on my laptop, not in device manger...