Windows 10: External HDD not working after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support External HDD not working after windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded my Acer Aspire 5750G from Windows 7 to 10 today. My Toshiba STOR.E Basics 1 TB HDD was working at first, but later when I tried to access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DXDEVIL13, Aug 5, 2015.

1. DXDEVIL13 Win User

External HDD not working after windows 10 upgrade

I upgraded my Acer Aspire 5750G from Windows 7 to 10 today. My Toshiba STOR.E Basics 1 TB HDD was working at first, but later when I tried to access it, it gives me an error saying "E:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect."
    I checked the Device Status and it read "This device cannot start. (Code 10) The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated." I tried reinstalling the driver, but it didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

DXDEVIL13, Aug 5, 2015
  2. JustinJJS Win User

Unable to access external hard drive after upgrading to Windows 10

I have recently upgraded to windows 10 but now can not use my external HDD.

I can not fine any answers on here after a few hours. What can i try to get it working please

Original title: External HDD Not

JustinJJS, Aug 5, 2015
  3. RudiEvert Win User
    My external HDD is not detected by my desktop after windows 10 update?

My external HDD is not detected by my desktop after windows 10 update? I tested my HDD on other computers and its working fine.

What is the cause of this problem and how do I fix this?

Original Post :External HDD

RudiEvert, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

External HDD not working after windows 10 upgrade

1. External HDD not working after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - External HDD working

2. Formatting HDD with windows 10 after free upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Formatting HDD with windows 10 after free upgrade: I have to format laptop on which My original License was for Windows 7 and I upgraded it free for Windows 10 during Microsoft "Windows 10 Upgrade free" scheme. How I will Windows 10 on formatted Laptop with License?...
  3. Windows 10 - Some of the external HDD is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Some of the external HDD is not working: When i connect to external HDD to my laptop and its detecting and its not showing files,I can see that from device manager connected but its showing device not migrated . when i connect to mac its working properly please advise....
  4. external hdd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    external hdd: Heyo guys! i want to switch from linux to windows but i have 1 little question about my external hard drive. Will it just work fine on windows or do i need to format it first? thanks in advance! submitted by /u/gekkemat [link] [comments]...
  5. External HDD does not want to work on PC Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD does not want to work on PC Windows 10: Hello! I recently found an old external HDD that had been laying around. I was curious to what it contained so I plugged it in to my PC and thought it would run smoothly. But it didn't. I get the sound that it is plugged in, but it doesn't show up anywhere except on the...
  6. External HDD

External HDD: What would happen to the Windows 10 installation on my SSD if I connected an external HDD with Linux installed on it, whilst using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd/54e8dff5-f3f2-4f6d-8365-d6c9969434cb
  7. External HDD

External HDD: Hello, I recently used the Media Creation tool to reinstall windows on my system, and the drive was set to 31.9GB instead of the original size 1TB. I fixed that issue, by extending the volume. anyway, if I format it, it doesn't show up in This PC. so I had to create a...
  8. Windows 10 on external USB HDD

Windows 10 on external USB HDD: is it possible to put windows 10 on an external USB HDD? if so, how? if not, bummer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-external-usb-hdd/9c115056-c5dc-4836-b9c8-0b604f83159a
  9. USB external HDD no longer working

USB external HDD no longer working: Greetings: I have an old external HDD enclosure (Mad Dog) that shows up as "Unspecified" under Devices and Printers. This drive was working just fine several months ago. I basically just use it as a backup for my music library, so I do access it very often. I lost a good...
  10. External HDD

External HDD: I have an older Seagate 1 TB external HDD, but my new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't let me open it. It shows up under my computer, but doesn't allow me access; it reads "You don't currently have permission to access this folder". When I click on "continue", it prompts...