Windows 10: External HDD not working after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support External HDD not working after windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded my Acer Aspire 5750G from Windows 7 to 10 today. My Toshiba STOR.E Basics 1 TB HDD was working at first, but later when I tried to access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DXDEVIL13, Aug 5, 2015.

1. DXDEVIL13 Win User

External HDD not working after windows 10 upgrade

I upgraded my Acer Aspire 5750G from Windows 7 to 10 today. My Toshiba STOR.E Basics 1 TB HDD was working at first, but later when I tried to access it, it gives me an error saying "E:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect."
    I checked the Device Status and it read "This device cannot start. (Code 10) The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated." I tried reinstalling the driver, but it didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

DXDEVIL13, Aug 5, 2015
  2. JustinJJS Win User

Unable to access external hard drive after upgrading to Windows 10

I have recently upgraded to windows 10 but now can not use my external HDD.

I can not fine any answers on here after a few hours. What can i try to get it working please

Original title: External HDD Not

JustinJJS, Aug 5, 2015
  3. RudiEvert Win User
    My external HDD is not detected by my desktop after windows 10 update?

My external HDD is not detected by my desktop after windows 10 update? I tested my HDD on other computers and its working fine.

What is the cause of this problem and how do I fix this?

Original Post :External HDD

RudiEvert, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

External HDD not working after windows 10 upgrade

1. External HDD not working after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - External HDD working

2. External HDD causes BSOD on startup after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD causes BSOD on startup after Windows 11 upgrade: Hi,I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now I am constantly getting the dreaded BSOD when I start my PC if I do not unplug my external HDD's first. It always starts fine when they are not connected and I had no issues previously when using Windows 10 on the same PC.I'm...
  3. External HDD causes BSOD on startup after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HDD causes BSOD on startup after Windows 11 upgrade: Hi,I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now I am constantly getting the dreaded BSOD when I start my PC if I do not unplug my external HDD's first. It always starts fine when they are not connected and I had no issues previously when using Windows 10 on the same PC.I'm...
  4. External HDD not detecting after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD not detecting after Windows update: After the recent Windows update my HDD stopped getting detected. It had happened once before too but that time I had had to change the idle time and it had gotten fixed. So, I naturally thought that the update must have reset that setting and went and checked. It was fine. I...
  5. External HDD not detecting after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD not detecting after Windows update: After the recent Windows update my HDD stopped getting detected. It had happened once before too but that time I had had to change the idle time and it had gotten fixed. So, I naturally thought that the update must have reset that setting and went and checked. It was fine. I...
  6. External HDD not detecting after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Restore from External HDD after Crash.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Restore from External HDD after Crash.: Hi, I have experienced a strange and unfortunate issue with my Windows 10 computer recently. My computer crashed, resulting in a "No Bootable Device" screen and I had to restore the Windows 10 with an .ISO file. Which worked to bring it back to life, but with odd side...
  8. External HDD not accessible under Windows 10 but works on Mac?

External HDD not accessible under Windows 10 but works on Mac?: Long story short Toshiba HDD worked in the past. Something happened in the last 3 months or so and it now doesn't work anymore. Says : access is denied. Read on internet what solutions there are and I've tried the following : Change security access -> I have no security...
  9. Windows 10 - Some of the external HDD is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Some of the external HDD is not working: When i connect to external HDD to my laptop and its detecting and its not showing files,I can see that from device manager connected but its showing device not migrated . when i connect to mac its working properly please advise....
  10. External HDD does not want to work on PC Windows 10

External HDD does not want to work on PC Windows 10: Hello! I recently found an old external HDD that had been laying around. I was curious to what it contained so I plugged it in to my PC and thought it would run smoothly. But it didn't. I get the sound that it is plugged in, but it doesn't show up anywhere except on the...