Windows 10: external HDD recognition problem

Discus and support external HDD recognition problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hardware spec: ryzen 2700X, ASUS PRIME B450_PLUS, Radeon RX570, 32GB RAM, 512GB Samsung SSD symptoms: 1. plugs my external HDD (USB3.0) while OS is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nexo, Jun 10, 2019.

1. nexo Win User

external HDD recognition problem

hardware spec: ryzen 2700X, ASUS PRIME B450_PLUS, Radeon RX570, 32GB RAM, 512GB Samsung SSD

symptoms:

1. plugs my external HDD (USB3.0) while OS is running

* file explorer recognizes drive, but when clicked, It takes an hour to load file list >> clicks any file, dir >> another hours >>...
    * devmgmt, diskmgmt, diskpart >> not responding

2. boot with HDD plugged

* even not showing login window.
    * unplug HDD >> shows login window, boot no problem.

cf. my external HDD has no problem such as bad sectors... when I plug my device to another PC, it works well.

I tried clean install, both version of Home/Pro(expected nothing), both old version and latest version of windows, M/B drivers installation, re-install USB 3.0 driver, power management setting... but same result.

this is weird. anybody help?

ps. sorry for bad english

:)

2. dalchina Win User

Magnifier & Speech Recognition problems

Suggest you pick one of the ones I listed- or search for another- something that is really intuitive and easy...

Are you aware of these controls?

external HDD recognition problem [​IMG]

dalchina, Jun 10, 2019
  3. external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jun 10, 2019
  4. keakar Win User

Hvaing Problems with Old External HDD

its not easy to say without running a diagnostic test to see how it does.

i would suggest you take the drive out of the external case and hook it up inside your pc and test it that way so you can eliminate the chance it is the external case that is the problem. sometimes the connections inside the external cases can be bad.

keakar, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. external HDD recognition problem - Similar Threads - external HDD recognition

2. Problem with external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with external HDD: Hello, i have problem with external hdd when i plug in my external hdd into pc "this pc" loading and i can see hdd but cant access and cant see memory. When i try to open disk management it just loading and cant access but when i unplug external hdd everything is normal. I...
  3. Problem with external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with external HDD: Hello, i have problem with external hdd when i plug in my external hdd into pc "this pc" loading and i can see hdd but cant access and cant see memory. When i try to open disk management it just loading and cant access but when i unplug external hdd everything is normal. I...
  4. Problem with external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. external hdd problem

external hdd problem: hi my external hard drive is corrupted what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd-problem/097d2cba-a617-47af-8600-fe5eeade7e81
  6. external hdd problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hdd problem: hi my external hard drive is corrupted what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd-problem/097d2cba-a617-47af-8600-fe5eeade7e81
  7. external hdd problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. External HDD problems...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HDD problems...: Hello! I am having major problems with my external WD MyBook Essentials 2TB USB 3.0. Windows 10 wont start up the drive anymore. When i plug it in. It recognises it as a hard drive "D:\" somehow, but totally stucks in a loop where it just keeps loading but nothing will...
  9. External HDD problem

External HDD problem: How can I prevent my external HDD (and I guess other USB devices) from apparently shutting off since when I click on its letter it takes some time to show up its content and starts to make noise when accessing it (if I don't access it for sometime it will stop doing noise and...
  10. external HDD recognition problem

in Windows 10 Support
    external HDD recognition problem: hardware spec: ryzen 2700X, ASUS PRIME B450_PLUS, Radeon RX570, 32GB RAM, 512GB Samsung SSD symptoms: 1. plugs my external HDD (USB3.0) while OS is running * file explorer recognizes drive, but when clicked, It takes an hour to load file list >> clicks any file, dir >>...