Windows 10: External HDD showing twice in file explorer

Discus and support External HDD showing twice in file explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My external drive(Samsung) connected via usb3 has started showing twice in file explorer. Opening either shows exactly the same files inside. Screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mactheglider, Jan 12, 2016.

1. External HDD showing twice in file explorer

My external drive(Samsung) connected via usb3 has started showing twice in file explorer. Opening either shows exactly the same files inside.
    Screen shot below, I've never tried this so I hope I've done it OK
    Any help with removing the "imposter" would be appreciated.

External HDD showing twice in file explorer [​IMG]

:)

mactheglider, Jan 12, 2016
  2. JamesJoey Win User

Explorer Displaying External HDD Twice

Just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro Version 1511.

Explorer's navigation pane is displaying my External HDD twice where it wasn't being displayed twice prior to the upgrade.

Also, the Quick Access folder is back.

How do I hide the Quick Access folder?? I don't just mean removing or clearing items form it.

I want the folder to be hidden.

James

JamesJoey, Jan 12, 2016
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    Explorer Displaying External HDD Twice

I found the registry tweak sand the extra drive is removed.

JamesJoey, Jan 12, 2016
  4. Barman58 Win User

External HDD showing twice in file explorer

Barman58, Jan 12, 2016
  5. mactheglider, Jan 12, 2016
  6. mactheglider, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

External HDD showing twice in file explorer

1. External HDD showing twice in file explorer - Similar Threads - External HDD showing

2. File Explorer will not show External HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer will not show External HDD: I have the latest updated windows 10 and I'm trying to access an External HDD that I was able to format for reuse. However, it will not show in file explorer. I've experimented and found that it does show in Disk Management and Device Manager, but I'm unable to access in...
  3. External hdd not showing in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hdd not showing in explorer: I recently got a new laptop due to the screen on my old one being broken. So in order to save all my files, I popped out the hard drive and stuck it into a USB drive reader. It's powered on, I can hear it spinning. On my new laptop, the drive appears in device manager as well...
  4. External HDD not showing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD not showing in Explorer: Hi. I had a problem with my external drive not showing in Windows Explorer. I went into Disk Management and Formatted the drive in there and assigned a drive letter - now it is showing in Explorer. The problem I now have though is that when I try and plug the external drive...
  5. External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in...: External drives show twice in file explorer In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in file explorer. Once under This PC and again under Desktop. How do eliminate one? According to support this isn't a flaw. I consider it to be a design flaw. The second appearance of...
  6. External drives show twice in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    External drives show twice in file explorer: In Windows 10 external usb drives show twice in file explorer. Once under This PC and again under Desktop. How do eliminate one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drives-show-twice-in-file-explorer/252c30a0-b538-4b32-b172-cad98e68cee4
  7. External disk appearing twice in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    External disk appearing twice in Explorer: Hope someone can help me. I have 2 external disks - labelled M & N which I use for backups. When they are connected however, they appear twice in Explorer Attachment 240106 This is very confusing especially as they are listed so close to each other - as N can appear above...
  8. File explorer and WD external HDD

File explorer and WD external HDD: File explorer is struggling with my 2 external WD My Book 3TB HDD Problems: 1 of the drives will keep running randomly all night (and gets real hot) after PC shut down. When trying to write a batch to one of the drives explorer keeps trying to access the drive, cannot...
  9. External drives shown twice in File Explorer

External drives shown twice in File Explorer: I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.71. Can anyone give me an explanation as to why I have my external hard drives showing twice in File Explorer (see Attachment) [img] I've had this since the first install of Win 10, and it's driving me nuts. 39063
  10. file explorer shows usb drive twice

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer shows usb drive twice: hi, i have an annoying problem. when i plug a usb drive, the file explorer shows the same drive with the same drive letter twice. it's no big deal but annoying like i said.. how can i fix this 25514

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to access file in extenal drive not showing

2. why is my hdd showing twice