Windows 10: External HDD Transfer Problem

Discus and support External HDD Transfer Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I am facing some issue with my External HDD FAT32. The problem is whenever I try to to copy something file to my HDD it says "You'll need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kavyansh Singh, Mar 1, 2021.

1. External HDD Transfer Problem

Hello!

I am facing some issue with my External HDD FAT32.

The problem is whenever I try to to copy something file to my HDD it says "You'll need to provide administer permission to copy this folder", when I click "Continue", it again says "You need permission to perform this action", when I click "Try Again". again same thing pop ups.

This problem is not there when I copy any file/folder from my HDD to the PC but vice versa creates problem.

Please help me with a solution of this problem.

Regards,

Kavyansh Singh

:)

Kavyansh Singh, Mar 1, 2021

2. external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Slow transfer rate with USB 3.0 external HDD

Nice suggestion, I had not tried this experiment yet, also because the only two USB 2.0 ports that I have are used by the mouse and the keyboard.

Anyway, on USB 2.0 the external HDD works very well, it has a slower transfer rate but it works. So the problem is related to
    USB Attached SCSI protocol on USB 3.0 port. What can I do now?

Alessandro.R, Mar 1, 2021
  4. External HDD Transfer Problem

Transfering to an External...

Hello all. Simple question really. Is there anyway to speed up my transfer rate from my PC to my external HDD? Currently I transfer at about 22-26 Mb/sec. This makes me wonder if I am already transferring at the best speed possible. Keep in mind it is USB 2.0 haha. I guess that's it in the most simple form. Thanks!

satindemon4u, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

External HDD Transfer Problem

1. External HDD Transfer Problem - Similar Threads - External HDD Transfer

2. Problem with external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with external HDD: Hello, i have problem with external hdd when i plug in my external hdd into pc "this pc" loading and i can see hdd but cant access and cant see memory. When i try to open disk management it just loading and cant access but when i unplug external hdd everything is normal. I...
  3. Problem with external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with external HDD: Hello, i have problem with external hdd when i plug in my external hdd into pc "this pc" loading and i can see hdd but cant access and cant see memory. When i try to open disk management it just loading and cant access but when i unplug external hdd everything is normal. I...
  4. Problem with external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. external hdd problem

external hdd problem: hi my external hard drive is corrupted what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd-problem/097d2cba-a617-47af-8600-fe5eeade7e81
  6. external hdd problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hdd problem: hi my external hard drive is corrupted what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd-problem/097d2cba-a617-47af-8600-fe5eeade7e81
  7. external hdd problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. External HDD Transfer Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HDD Transfer Problem: Hello! I am facing some issue with my External HDD FAT32. The problem is whenever I try to to copy something file to my HDD it says "You'll need to provide administer permission to copy this folder", when I click "Continue", it again says "You need permission to perform...
  9. External HDD problems...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HDD problems...: Hello! I am having major problems with my external WD MyBook Essentials 2TB USB 3.0. Windows 10 wont start up the drive anymore. When i plug it in. It recognises it as a hard drive "D:\" somehow, but totally stucks in a loop where it just keeps loading but nothing will...
  10. External HDD problem

External HDD problem: How can I prevent my external HDD (and I guess other USB devices) from apparently shutting off since when I click on its letter it takes some time to show up its content and starts to make noise when accessing it (if I don't access it for sometime it will stop doing noise and...