Windows 10: External HDD visable but suddenly gone unreadable

Discus and support External HDD visable but suddenly gone unreadable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all For some reason, my Seagate external has suddenly became unreadable. Whenever i plug it in or try to access it, i am told it needs to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Toruk, May 16, 2018.

1. Toruk Win User

External HDD visable but suddenly gone unreadable

Hi all

For some reason, my Seagate external has suddenly became unreadable. Whenever i plug it in or try to access it, i am told it needs to be formatted, but im hoping to not lose all the files that are on there.
    When trying to access is, it says " I:\ is not accessible. The volume does not contain a recognised file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupt."

Is there a way to recover this drive without losing my data on it?

Fingers crossed

:)

Toruk, May 16, 2018

2. USB3 HDD unreadable after Anniversary update

Last night another of my computers upgraded itself to AU and surprise, surprise, the USB3 HDD plugged into my router became unreadable (listed as RAW but it works perfectly in a local USB2 port and over the network with non-updated machines).

This is the third machine now which has upgraded with this result.

Come on Microsoft - this is a major bug and you have got to fix it

Francisnorton, May 16, 2018
  3. USB HDDs unreadable after anniversary update

On laptop, USB HDD reported as local disk, but worked perfectly on non-updated machines. On desktop, USB HDD attached to router became unreadable. I understand KB3193494 solves the issue, but I cannot get it

Francisnorton, May 16, 2018
Thema:

External HDD visable but suddenly gone unreadable

1. External HDD visable but suddenly gone unreadable - Similar Threads - External HDD visable

2. HDD volumes gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD volumes gone: Hi A couple of weeks ago I put an SSD into my pc and i kept both of my 1TB hard drives in there. I had to create a new volume for the HDD's and I was like fine, probably because I added a new drive or something. So I gave them a net Volume and a Couple of days later its...
  3. external hdd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    external hdd: Heyo guys! i want to switch from linux to windows but i have 1 little question about my external hard drive. Will it just work fine on windows or do i need to format it first? thanks in advance! submitted by /u/gekkemat [link] [comments]...
  4. Fonts not visable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fonts not visable: When in task manager, the fonts text are not visible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-not-visable/a33a19e7-bf4d-42f2-802f-321567348c53
  5. External HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD: What would happen to the Windows 10 installation on my SSD if I connected an external HDD with Linux installed on it, whilst using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd/54e8dff5-f3f2-4f6d-8365-d6c9969434cb
  6. External HDD

External HDD: Hello, I recently used the Media Creation tool to reinstall windows on my system, and the drive was set to 31.9GB instead of the original size 1TB. I fixed that issue, by extending the volume. anyway, if I format it, it doesn't show up in This PC. so I had to create a...
  7. External HDD suddenly crashing Windows 10

External HDD suddenly crashing Windows 10: Hi all, My 2TB Hitachi HDD I've had for about 6 years is now causing issues with my devices. When I plug it into the PC to use it, as soon as I try open explorer and access it it freezes the whole computer until it is unplugged. Once unplugged no issues at all with the PC....
  8. External HDD

External HDD: I have an older Seagate 1 TB external HDD, but my new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't let me open it. It shows up under my computer, but doesn't allow me access; it reads "You don't currently have permission to access this folder". When I click on "continue", it prompts...
  9. External HDD shows "the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable"

External HDD shows "the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable": I have a 1T external USB HDD and i found that the disk is "RAW" , i am using windows 10 Pro 93581
  10. External HDD is corrupted and unreadable

External HDD is corrupted and unreadable: I ran chkdsk /f and now I get the "inaccessible" message. Is there any way to recover this drive without losing all my video files that are on it? 79455