Windows 10: External HDD visible in "Devices and Printers" but not recognised in Windows Explorer -...

Discus and support External HDD visible in "Devices and Printers" but not recognised in Windows Explorer -... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; External HDD is Not Detecting. But External HDD visible in "Devices and Printers" but not recognised in Windows Explorer - Windows 10 64 bit. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TVS HEMA SUNDAR, Jul 24, 2021.

1. External HDD visible in "Devices and Printers" but not recognised in Windows Explorer -...

External HDD is Not Detecting. But External HDD visible in "Devices and Printers" but not recognised in Windows Explorer - Windows 10 64 bit. It visible Disk Manager Disk Drives and It doesn't show in Disk Management.Please help me.

:)

TVS HEMA SUNDAR, Jul 24, 2021
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

External HDD visible in "Devices and Printers" but not recognised in Windows Explorer -... [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

External HDD visible in "Devices and Printers" but not recognised in Windows Explorer -... [​IMG]

cobrasl, Jul 24, 2021
  3. GaryWere Win User
    Printers, ext HDD not recognised

Upgraded to Windows 10, initially, printers & ext HDD for backup all worked OK. Few days later, all stopped working, nothing visible in Devices window. Subsequently downloaded updates KB3081449, KB3081452 on 28 Aug followed by KB3081448 on 29 Aug. Full
    functionality returned. Backed up on 30 Aug, used printer on 01 Sep; no problems. Today, printers visible in Devices, but marked as offline even thought they are switched on. Ext HDD not visible at all. What's going on and how can I fix it?

GaryWere, Jul 24, 2021
  4. External HDD visible in "Devices and Printers" but not recognised in Windows Explorer -...

external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

External HDD visible in "Devices and Printers" but not recognised in Windows Explorer -...

1. External HDD visible in "Devices and Printers" but not recognised in Windows Explorer -... - Similar Threads - External HDD visible

2. Phone via USB recognised in devices, but not visible in Windows explorer windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone via USB recognised in devices, but not visible in Windows explorer windows 11: originalnin Spanish belowPlease, my smartphone Fairphone 3 via USB is recognised in devices, but not visible in Windows explorer windows 11. This was not happening before. The drivers are updated, it is not happening in another laptop...Please help me to solve it....
  3. Phone via USB recognised in devices, but not visible in Windows explorer windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone via USB recognised in devices, but not visible in Windows explorer windows 11: originalnin Spanish belowPlease, my smartphone Fairphone 3 via USB is recognised in devices, but not visible in Windows explorer windows 11. This was not happening before. The drivers are updated, it is not happening in another laptop...Please help me to solve it....
  4. PC won't recognise external USB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't recognise external USB HDD: I had a windows 10 PC which failed to boot from an SSD CPU or MB issue . 2 HDDs were installed but used only for data. Now I replaced it with an Acer TC-1660 with Windows 11. I'm trying to transfer the data from the old HDD to the new PC. I attach the HDD Seagate ST 1000DM003...
  5. PC won't recognise external USB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't recognise external USB HDD: I had a windows 10 PC which failed to boot from an SSD CPU or MB issue . 2 HDDs were installed but used only for data. Now I replaced it with an Acer TC-1660 with Windows 11. I'm trying to transfer the data from the old HDD to the new PC. I attach the HDD Seagate ST 1000DM003...
  6. External hdd not visible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hdd not visible?: I have this external hdd that isn't visible in Windows 10 no matter how I formatted it or how many partitions it has. I've installed both Windows and Linux on it not dual OS to try the hdd in another laptop and it works like a charm. But when connected to my laptop usb...
  7. External hdd not showing in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hdd not showing in explorer: I recently got a new laptop due to the screen on my old one being broken. So in order to save all my files, I popped out the hard drive and stuck it into a USB drive reader. It's powered on, I can hear it spinning. On my new laptop, the drive appears in device manager as well...
  8. External HDD not showing in Explorer

External HDD not showing in Explorer: Hi. I had a problem with my external drive not showing in Windows Explorer. I went into Disk Management and Formatted the drive in there and assigned a drive letter - now it is showing in Explorer. The problem I now have though is that when I try and plug the external drive...
  9. Printer visible in Device Manager but not in Printers

Printer visible in Device Manager but not in Printers: Hi! My printer, a Brother HL-L2390DW, is visible in Device Manager but not in the Printers menu. I'm unable to manage the printer because of this. I have already tried uninstalling / reinstalling the printer. The drivers are the latest drivers. The troubleshooter was...
  10. HDD not recognised in file explorer only

HDD not recognised in file explorer only: Hi, yesterday I turned on my pc to find that I can no longer boot off my main drive. Through installing windows on another drive and entering disk management, the drive shows as two equal "unallocated" partitions, the only option to delete and format them. If I use the Ubuntu...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. external hard drive showing in devices and printers but not my computer

2. how to access hard disk from device and printer