Windows 10: External HDD volumes not appearing anymore?

Discus and support External HDD volumes not appearing anymore? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I don't know exactly what I changed, but I used to be able to access my hard drive from both partitions on my computer Mac and Windows, however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlieC11, Oct 23, 2020.

1. External HDD volumes not appearing anymore?

Hi, I don't know exactly what I changed, but I used to be able to access my hard drive from both partitions on my computer Mac and Windows, however now, in Windows, the disk appears but not the volumes.

I use a Buffalo Drivestation HD-LCU3 and it has worked in the past with Windows but now none of the volumes can be detected or appear in the file system anymore. I use the hard drive to backup both my Mac and Windows partitions and have checked whether it is corrupt but all the files are still there on the Mac side, just the volumes don't appear on the Windows side. Anyone have a clue?

I checked Device Manager it appears there and there doesn't seem to be a problem there isn't a driver for it by the way. I checked Disk Management and it sees the disks but it doesn't see what it contains.

Windows recognises that it is an external hard drive, but just does not see the two volumes that are on the disk!

Yes, it is formatted for both partitions because I have used it before now to backup Windows.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

External HDD volumes not appearing anymore? b8ebc401-cba4-4a04-b2e6-82a055ade124?upload=true.png

External HDD volumes not appearing anymore? 983926f9-8ea2-4d01-af2e-9ce02f07f0e8?upload=true.png

:)

CharlieC11, Oct 23, 2020

2. external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Johankaan Win User

External HDD volumes not appearing anymore?

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

External HDD volumes not appearing anymore?

1. External HDD volumes not appearing anymore? - Similar Threads - External HDD volumes

2. External HDD appears in device manager but not disk manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD appears in device manager but not disk manager: I was transferring data to my external HDD when the transfer dropped to 0b/s and refused to pause and cancel, eventually resulting in the window becoming unresponsive. I ended up plugging out the HDD at that point as I couldn't get it to eject. Subsequently the HDD was no...
  3. Backup not working to external hdd anymore? Why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup not working to external hdd anymore? Why: I want to backup my whole c drive so I can do a fresh start on my pc for work without losing all my other files. I used the windows backup tool in the past and the file history was fine. I deleted that folder off my hdd and have been trying for 2 days to backup the whole...
  4. HDD volumes gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD volumes gone: Hi A couple of weeks ago I put an SSD into my pc and i kept both of my 1TB hard drives in there. I had to create a new volume for the HDD's and I was like fine, probably because I added a new drive or something. So I gave them a net Volume and a Couple of days later its...
  5. Error appears when extending the volume in external hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error appears when extending the volume in external hard disk: Hi, I'm using my old laptop hard disk as external portable harddisk. I'm trying to extend volume of 2 partitions 1 is around 99GB, 2 is 59GB which already have a pre allocated space in it. When I try to extend any of these voulmes, I see some prompt saying this operation...
  6. external hdd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    external hdd: Heyo guys! i want to switch from linux to windows but i have 1 little question about my external hard drive. Will it just work fine on windows or do i need to format it first? thanks in advance! submitted by /u/gekkemat [link] [comments]...
  7. External HDD

External HDD: What would happen to the Windows 10 installation on my SSD if I connected an external HDD with Linux installed on it, whilst using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd/54e8dff5-f3f2-4f6d-8365-d6c9969434cb
  8. External HDD

External HDD: Hello, I recently used the Media Creation tool to reinstall windows on my system, and the drive was set to 31.9GB instead of the original size 1TB. I fixed that issue, by extending the volume. anyway, if I format it, it doesn't show up in This PC. so I had to create a...
  9. External HDD

External HDD: I have an older Seagate 1 TB external HDD, but my new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't let me open it. It shows up under my computer, but doesn't allow me access; it reads "You don't currently have permission to access this folder". When I click on "continue", it prompts...
  10. External HDD don't boot anymore

External HDD don't boot anymore: I have an external harddrive with 2 partitions: one for mass storage and backup (4 tb) one for booting windows installations, macrium reflect and other media that needs to run from boot (8 gb) The bootable partition I reused for various tasks, everytime I needed to use...